Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 160 of 2719 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Beautiful Sprint GT Sig.Pesci! There are some great colors in this thread but I have a soft spot for white GTs. :)

not bad from ten feet away

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks 67GTV, mine too looks best from about 10 feet away too - although she is getting better by the week. It will get some more permanent fixes done when she comes off the road for the winter.

The nearest colour I've seen is the cream/ivory colour BMW paint some of the new MINI's. It looks a perfect match. It never photographs very well, always looks white.

I navigate in a 1750 GT Veloce on Historic Rallies in the UK, so also like the look of pure white cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally got around to getting mine slightly lowered (must have had the longest front springs ever fitted to a 105 car) and fitting a set of alloy wheels and modern tyres - all fully reversible, but has made a huge difference to driving enjoyment!

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Patrick,

Thats how it was when i got it.....someone must have gone thru the trouble...for which i am thankful...it also has 69 seats...thanks for the comments.

Hey Mano..............cool 74 gtv....looking good...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
French Blue? I would love to know your serial number on your car. To my knowledge there were only about 4-5 French Blue GTV's imported to the US. I have seen 3 of them, including my 71 GTV. I am curious to know if your paint sticker in the trunk is a Max Meyer paint?

French Blue is close to the blue that is on California license plates if you are looking for a close reference. This is a very unusual color for GTV's. The Navy Blue is a color you don't see very often either.
The LeMans blue that everyone references was on GTV's from 72-74. That is my earliest recollection of having seen that color. It is definitely a lighter blue.
I don't have my computer so I can't get into my files on line to see if I have my GTV picture that I can post of the French Blue.
Fiat has a blue that is very close and I think it is called Royal Blue. Dutch Blue is very close but I wouldn't know the difference unless it is laying side by side.
There are a lot of blue colors that are shade differences as are other colors, some brighter than others. Until you see them side by side it is hard to know the exact differences.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Here is a pic of the French Blue 69 that I sold somewhat recently on Ebay. It still had the paint sticker inside the deck lid and the car was a one owner car that had not ever been painted... although it is a bit faded and weathered. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Yes I recall seeing your GTV FS on e-bay.I was surprised how high the price ended up ..I think you got a great price for it. If we put my GTV side by side to that one, they would be identical twins.
As for the paint code, this is a shot of the trunk sticker....

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
I too was suprised at the amount the auction ended up at. The car got shipped to Mexico and it was not until several days after the auction ended that I found out it was the same guy who bought my first GTV that I sold on Ebay two and and half years ago! It was a burgandy 74 with a sunroof, the buyer finished restoring that one and decided it was time for another. Neither one of us realized it until we were ironing out the details. He changed the 74 from burgandy to red... I hope he keeps the 69 French Blue.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Velocedoc...would you happen to know what "MAX MEYER" is referring to? is it a paint supplier out of europe for ALFA?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
I checked the MAXMEYER site and you'd think that with all the paint they supplied to ALFA for the GTV's...(presumably from the 60 through 70's)...that they'd list the paint codes/colours used during those years.....but nada....I don't understand the corporate/marketing decision there (if any)?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Max Meyer Paint

1750GT said:
I checked the MAXMEYER site and you'd think that with all the paint they supplied to ALFA for the GTV's...(presumably from the 60 through 70's)...that they'd list the paint codes/colours used during those years.....but nada....I don't understand the corporate/marketing decision there (if any)?
I was thinking the same thing while I was looking over the website yesterday. I think a well written email to them might be able to generate some information. I was going to write them asking about the formula for the French Blue paint so I can have it made locally, or see if they can provide me a source. GTV's in blue are very beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
105.44 Series 2 Ocra scuro 112

I have a 1970 1750 GTV Series 2 Euro model with dark ochre number 112 but it was originally silver. I have an original Alfa Romeo book titled Alfa Romeo Istruzioni Per Le Riparazioni Carrozzeria Vetture Giulia, 1750, E Derivate and was printed in 3/70. It gives me a list of 33 colours with 6 being P.F. colours.
I was wondering if anyone knows which exterior colours go with a black interior? I am pretty sure that the colours you could get with black are 501 Red, 109 Yellow ochre, 112 Dark Ochre, Silver. For example, tan interior came with 343 Dutch Blue, 216 Pine Green, and I am not sure of any other combinations. I am not sure if this topic has been discussed because I have just joined the Alfabb. The reason I am asking is because my father has a 1969 Series 1 1750 GTV with black interior and it needs a paint job. The original colour was some sort of beige and it is now a charcoal black which is not an original Alfa colour. Wondering what colours would be correct for this car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you email the chassis number to Alfa Romeo archive, they'll tell you the original colour and interior when the car was built. Search on here and you'll find the email address.

141 - 160 of 2719 Posts