Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 2607 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
My beloved two owner unrestored 1600 Junior. Blu Olandese with wild boar tex maremma interior.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
foreveruser
88 Posts
thanks for the code,
yes I'm restoring a GT1300 jr 1970 original color is ar-727 but I don't really like it so I'm looking for something else.
I wonder why the code differ with years, Paint Code(s): AR-349 (1970-85), AR-357 (1977-80) and AR-367 (1982-84), Ditzler #14638, DuPont #43980
are they really all the same?
André

·
Registered
240 Posts
thanks,
I'm collecting all the issues I can find of car magazines with test reports about GTs and other Alfas of the 60 - 70's.

I like the face of the pilot in the fist picture, today it is different, a sporty nice looking guy would be driving.

When I read these magazines I feel the atmosphere of the sixties when I was a little child. There are reports that really show how much things changed, for example there is one that explains on a scientific basis that drinking a glass of beer before driving improves your skills and safety ...

... and could you imagine doing test drives inside an airport with planes landing?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am prbably biased, but I think it is the ultimate colour combination. It works great on Lancias, Fiats and Ferraris too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like the face of the pilot in the fist picture, today it is different, a sporty nice looking guy would be driving ... and could you imagine doing test drives inside an airport with planes landing?
I like that photo very much, for 1) I drive a white 66 Veloce, 2) the really superb character behind the steering wheel, and 3) that landing airplane is a Caravelle. Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
thanks for the code,
yes I'm restoring a GT1300 jr 1970 original color is ar-727 but I don't really like it so I'm looking for something else.
I wonder why the code differ with years, Paint Code(s): AR-349 (1970-85), AR-357 (1977-80) and AR-367 (1982-84), Ditzler #14638, DuPont #43980
are they really all the same?
André
No they are not the same. The color code on my gt is 357, the other ones are slightly different. For example the 367 is a little bit darker, you'll have to compare them to see the difference.
My gt is a from 1971 but i like, so the "right" code should be 349, but i like 357 better. Alfettas were painted in 357.

Did you already choose a color?

·
Registered
256 Posts
My 2000 GTV back on the road for the first time in 7 years..

Now running Tspark with Alfaholics pistons and cams, Alfaholics 15' wheels.

Suspension By Avanti Spares and custom seats by GTS classics and custom instrument dials..
vroom, where did you get the horn button for your wheel? Is taht a MOMO?

Baktash

·
Registered
256 Posts
My 2000 GTV back on the road for the first time in 7 years..

Now running Tspark with Alfaholics pistons and cams, Alfaholics 15' wheels.

Suspension By Avanti Spares and custom seats by GTS classics and custom instrument dials..
Vroom, where did you get the horn button for your wheel? Is that a MOMO?

Baktash

1541 - 1560 of 2607 Posts