Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 140 of 2713 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Cor....that Blue is gorgeous and your photos are nicely taken. I am definitely leaning toward the Olandese Blue for my GTV instead of the original Francia Blue.....but....wait..... we will soon get to see Akitaman's craftsmanship on a respray of a Francia Blue GTV (see his post in this forum). I can't wait to see a freshly painted Francia Blue GTV...hopefully this will finally solidify my colour decision....Blue Olandese ...or...Francia Blue....HHmmm.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Blu Francia, Blu Francia!!

Apart from being a GREAT colour, its the least we can do for those poor frogs after Italia won the world cup, AND then Ferrari winning the French GP in the same fortnite..!

·
Registered
368 Posts
italiansedanman said:
Blu Francia, Blu Francia!!

Apart from being a GREAT colour, its the least we can do for those poor frogs after Italia won the world cup, AND then Ferrari winning the French GP in the same fortnite..!
:D :D :D :D

·
73 GT Junior
363 Posts
My 72 GTV 2000 (little by little)

Its been going through a major restoration for almost one year. Engine and suspension will be next .(Interior is almost complete; will post photos after installation. Ciao :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is AR109 Giallo Ochre.
Whatever you choose you will love it, but because you had the choice will always think, what if I had it painted in.....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
italiansedanman said:
GTAM1-
I used to see you on Fitzroy st alot! I think once we had a bit of a chat outside Danny the baker's...

Ben
Yep that's me. Used to work/hang out in StKilda (no more!) and for a while a friend of mine (he live in Stkilda) borrowed and used it as a daily driver so it was out and about a fair bit. Serious engine work since then though.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
So I initially started this thread so as to decide whether or not to keep my 69 GTV in it's original Blue Francia colour or change to some other colour. I never did post a pic of the car as it stood last November....well here she is!

100_5175_edited.jpg

·
Registered
786 Posts
Here's my '69 just painted in AR 509 Rosso Amaranto, having the headliner installed... The car will get done soon, the car will get done soon, the car will get done soon...

Cheers, Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Cor, you may be quite right...although it is hard to tell from the exisiting state of the car....it's been sun burned and has weathered for a while as well as having a fine white dust embedded into the paint. I hope AKITAMAN's current customer project (see his latest thread) which is to be done in AR342 Blu Francia will help me decide for certain. The Blu Olandese though is currently at the top of my list.

·
Registered
222 Posts
1750GT and others,

I noticed your side mirror is a primer sort of paint. Mine came like that,too. I have seen chrome mirrors more frequently tough. Which was factory? Dealer option?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I don' t think it's primer in my case. The chrome has weathered or oxidized (I'm guessing) to a matt finish. I'll be replacing both sides with new reproduction chrome pieces that I bought through an Italian supplier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just stumbled upon this thread and the site via the UK Owners club.

You might have solved the mystery of the colour of my recently aquired GT !

It has been called cream and ivory, but I might even be able to get some paint code stickers now.

It does look very white due to the bright sunshine, but I should be able to match the real colour from some of the lists.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Sig.Pesci, compliments on your very clean looking Giulia GT.

Q: Those wheels look like they are from the later GTVs as opposed to the larger hubcap style (as on my 69 GTV above)....or where those in fact availble on the European GT much earlier than in the US.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks, the car was a South African car and the wheels are a bit odd. They are 15" but have the centres like a Spider and larger holes than european GT's.

It also has the original style black seats in now and looks much better inside.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Here's a couple of recent snaps of my '73 (another Blu Olandese)

Attachments

121 - 140 of 2713 Posts