Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1001 - 1020 of 2719 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Mosport in my 1750

A friend just sent me this photo of me in my 1750 at Mosport racetrack doing some parade laps on vintage race weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
My first GTV. What have I done?

Well, this GTV had never left Brentwood, Ca. until I dragged it home to Ramona. Purchased new at Otto Zipper's Santa Monica Alfa dealership. Normally I'm a Spider guy, but the absolute perfection of this body design has finally snagged me. And it was relatively inexpensive. It just needs everything. In fact, the cleanest part of the whole car was the engine oil. Here's a couple of snaps. The praying should now commence............

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Great shot. Fantastic setting. Really good looking GT.

Thanks for sharing such a "COOL" picture with those of us suffering with the Southern (USA) HEAT and HUMIDITY...

Please post more photos of your car!

Chuck

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just changed my background to your last one in the woods!
Maybe lighter colours enhance the curves of the car...
I've never managed to take such a good picture of mine...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hellas on Bumper

ChisGT,

Here's the photo of my '65GT (about a month after the first owners bought it in Frankfurt) on the Spanish Riviera at Callela, about November of 1966. You can see the dealer-installed Hella fog lamps, which I have.

The lady next to the car is Hazel; Frank is behind the camera. I bought the car from them a couple of years ago. Frank and Hazel still have their Bizzarini. They live about an hour from me and we stay in touch.

I need to find that ZOLL plate...:)

Thanks again,

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chuck,

thanks for sharing! Your lucky to have such pictures of your car when new!!

BTW, I like Alfas at the beach: ;)

it was in november and we had to cross a mountain-pass on our way south, hence the winter-tyres on steelies

·
Registered
16 Posts
We like Alfas on the beach but do Alfas like the beach and the salt water vapour ?! :p
Well, I don´t care if she likes it. At the end of the day, she is a car.
If she´s not able to drive through a rainy night, or snow or even sand on a beach at the sea, she should not have had become a car!

As she is not as totally original as yours, which might be quite unique, I don´t mind fixing things that get broken while driving her a lot. And I enjoyed every single of the more than 45.000 km I did with here in the last years!

1001 - 1020 of 2719 Posts