Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2661 - 2680 of 2693 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great looking race GTV. Have you done any AROSC events?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Been a while but I pulled the '73 out to try and 'finish' her ten year restoration, if there is such a thing as finishing. Loving the Bluette in all light... its exactly what I wanted!
Photo May 04, 7 31 23 PM.jpg

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
r-mm,

The ride height looks perfect. Standard, and as per Alfa production, without looking at all like a 4wd
Pete

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thanks Pete! I did the unthinkable (to most) and sourced original springs, no lowering. I haven't managed to fit the roll bars front or rear yet so I don't have a read on the handling but in general I love sports cars that blend practicality with performance so the ride height will probably stay!

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Thanks Pete! I did the unthinkable (to most) and sourced original springs, no lowering. I haven't managed to fit the roll bars front or rear yet so I don't have a read on the handling but in general I love sports cars that blend practicality with performance so the ride height will probably stay!
Couldn't agree more with your philosophy, and exactly what I will be doing. If you want to go faster one day, you need to look internally at yourself, because modifying the car will ruin all the other fun uses of the car

Pete

·
Administrator
12,545 Posts
Why does the aircleaner pipe go across to the other side of the engine bay?, the aircleaner could have been just below the distributer. Surely no difference in engine bay temperature as the v6 has exhausts on both sides ... or is there a supercharger over the other side?

Pete

·
Registered
195 Posts
IMG_6025.jpeg

I ran it across the front of the engine and built a heat shield for it. It's probably not a true cold air intake, but it was a little too crowded on the side with the distributor. There were a lot of choices made with this built to suit my engine compartment aesthetic that lean more toward an art project than a true race car build.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Here's some video of a laid back track day at Willowsprings with AROSC.

2661 - 2680 of 2693 Posts