Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2601 - 2615 of 2615 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
lady and the tramp

Not the prettiest background but this shot shows the difference between my two 105’s.

The Lady- the green, completely stock, 67 Giulia Sprint Veloce
The Tramp- 69 gtv with lots of fast street mods (lowered, 205 tires, lots of engine work, etc.) and most badges removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
My 1966 Sprint GT...A work in progres!
Superb looking car Joseph! Really happy to see these photos as I have just purchased the same wheels for my white 67 Veloce and was wondering how it will look once they are mounted.....you have answered my question and I am a very happy man....it looks great and I'm sure it will look even better once the weight is back on the wheels! Cheers!
Notch (aka: Paul)

·
Registered
85 Posts
lady and the tramp

Not the prettiest background but this shot shows the difference between my two 105’s.

The Lady- the green, completely stock, 67 Giulia Sprint Veloce
The Tramp- 69 gtv with lots of fast street mods (lowered, 205 tires, lots of engine work, etc.) and most badges removed.
Hi Dave,

Any chance you have a build thread on 'the tramp'? I am quite interested in the suspension specs etc......it looks awesome when compared to the stock 67 and I would be very keen to do the same on my 67 Veloce.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi Paul if you get in touch with Vin Sharp he can give you all the information you need. My car has springs and shocks supplied by his business and I'm very happy with how it looks and handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Dave,

Any chance you have a build thread on 'the tramp'? I am quite interested in the suspension specs etc......it looks awesome when compared to the stock 67 and I would be very keen to do the same on my 67 Veloce.

Many thanks!

There is a build thread but it does not address the suspension. The car has Eibach springs and Koni reds. No rear anti sway bar. The car handles really well but is very harsh. Great on smooth roads but not so much on imperfect roads. The pan guard hits a lot. Be careful of what you wish for... The Green car is much more pleasant to drive but not as fun. My wife tolerates rides in the Black car but LOVES the Green one. I am keeping the Green one stock.

Here is a good thread for your interests: https://www.alfabb.com/threads/input-on-centerline-springs-koni-reds-oem-swaybars.678310/
I'm sure there are more

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a build thread but it does not address the suspension. The car has Eibach springs and Koni reds. No rear anti sway bar. The car handles really well but is very harsh. Great on smooth roads but not so much on imperfect roads. The pan guard hits a lot. Be careful of what you wish for... The Green car is much more pleasant to drive but not as fun. My wife tolerates rides in the Black car but LOVES the Green one. I am keeping the Green one stock.

Here is a good thread for your interests: https://www.alfabb.com/threads/input-on-centerline-springs-koni-reds-oem-swaybars.678310/
I'm sure there are more
Thanks so much Dave.....I totally understand the conundrum regarding lowering the car vs. eventual ride quality. Will read the suggested thread with interest! Many thanks!

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
mark249am,

What a stunning photo of a beautiful Series 2 1750! I have a Series 2 also.

Pete

2601 - 2615 of 2615 Posts