·
Registered
127 Posts
UPDATE: With interior pics now

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ken... I know too well!! The body shop guys fitted them (after I told them specifically which way they should be facing!).

Could be more trouble than its worth trying to pry them off without damaging paint or interior!! One day will be fixed!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Aubergine!

Not original paint, but original colour. I wasn't keen on it initially ("it's not red?") but it's very much grown on me.

(Sorry can't find one pre-stickers - recently changed computer and haven't transferred all my files over yet)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ken... I know too well!! The body shop guys fitted them (after I told them specifically which way they should be facing!).

Could be more trouble than its worth trying to pry them off without damaging paint or interior!! One day will be fixed!
Well that explains it... I thought being down under, driving on the “wrong” side or summers in December might have something to do with it! :wink2:

All kidding aside, too bad the body shop fitted them wrong. It’s trouble pulling them off, but I know it would bother me every time I looked at them. If the shop is accountable, I’d have them re-fit the badges correctly.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
i luv those wheels ken... did they ever come in anything wider than 6" ?
Thanks! I don't know if they came in a wider size. Even if they did, it would be hard to find them since I've only seen one other set like them in 25+ years. There are no casting marks as typically seen from Italian foundries (Campy, Cromodora, Mille, BWA, FPS, Momo, etc), just a sticker with "per tutti i tipi alfa romeo" stuck to the inner wheel.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
It is possible to add a cylindrical section an inch or two to the barrel of the wheels to make it wider. Might have some trouble with onset. I've only seen this on some of those Car rehab shows. There is at least one pic in this thread of an Alfa with widened steel wheels.

Robert

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks! I don't know if they came in a wider size. Even if they did, it would be hard to find them since I've only seen one other set like them in 25+ years. There are no casting marks as typically seen from Italian foundries (Campy, Cromodora, Mille, BWA, FPS, Momo, etc), just a sticker with "per tutti i tipi alfa romeo" stuck to the inner wheel.
looks great with the color of your car. on wider ones, you just never really know with these old wheel suppliers. Campy, cromodora, mille, bwa and momo all had exceeding rare wider offerings of their standard size 6x14 wheels for 105's

yes rare indeed, i passed on a couple sets years ago (first 3 images) and the sticker you speak off

a couple images of similar theme types... only 5 attachments is max?

warm regards D

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
UPDATE:
Found a set of refurbished original Campy "Turbina" wheels through the local Club. I have owned over 40 x 105 cars but not one with these wheels. Always wanted an Alfa with these wheels. And they were an original option for a 2000-105. I have seen them on Coupes, Berlina and Spider but I think look best on a Coupe. Now they are on the car, I actually like them better than the Alfaholics wheels that were fitted. (See earlier post).
Very Happy!!

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
1969 1750GTV, series 1. Two long-term owners, 1st 18years, 2nd 30 years. Paint color Grigio Indaco, interior Amaranto Rosso vinyl. 38,000ml from new. Drives very nicely thank you!
Note that the interior color is truly a burgundy/red, NOT deep purple (viola profondo) as Steve105 suggests. Amaranto comes from the color of the Amaranthus deep red flower bloom that can have a touch of purple in some variations, however, the Alfa vinyl is certainly a deep red/burgundy shade. I can't say that I've ever seen a purple interior offered for 105s by Alfa Romeo!
By coincidence, the Grigio Indaco has a purple tint listed as part of its formula.
Vince.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
That right there is the colorway of my dreams. When I learned about Grigio Indaco i lost my mind and went on a mission to find local cars in this color. Also got samples sprayed out. Such an immensely cool and subtly hue.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I saw a similarly colored 1750 GTV in Toronto 20 years ago. Silver and Burgundy. I thought it was stunning as well.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
1969 1750GTV, series 1. Two long-term owners, 1st 18years, 2nd 30 years. Paint color Grigio Indaco, interior Amaranto Rosso vinyl. 38,000ml from new. ...
Vince.
This GTV has the best sill/rocker lines of any I have ever seen. Wonderful, and an example for all us restoring cars to follow!
Pete

2581 - 2600 of 2615 Posts