Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2561 - 2580 of 2605 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Really loving the period look on you car! What are the tyre profile? Are they 15" or 14"?
Thanks!

185/70HR15 VREDESTEIN SPRINT CLASSICs on 15x7" Alfaholic's GTA Wheels. They are stretched .5" over the rims. This was done intentionally to give them that vintage balloon look.

The car is also lowered on Eibach front springs (off a Porsche) ~1.5", ~.75" rear - Alfaholic's go fast springs.

Keep in mind, the car is a 66, so low arches help fill the wells.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks!

185/70HR15 VREDESTEIN SPRINT CLASSICs on 15x7" Alfaholic's GTA Wheels. They are stretched .5" over the rims. This was done intentionally to give them that vintage balloon look.

The car is also lowered on Eibach front springs (off a Porsche) ~1.5", ~.75" rear - Alfaholic's go fast springs.

Keep in mind, the car is a 66, so low arches help fill the wells.

Will consider this setup for my 1750 Series 1, Thank you!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi 101 105 guy,

yeah that look similar but they are new from a company called Corsa Steelies. They make to a range of size options including the correct centre bore rather than having to machine the Saab ones.

Ive been considering them for a while but want to have a look at how they look from another angle and also try to work out what size will fit etc. Could probably just go with the same size and offset as the Alfaholics wheels but was also thinking of maybe going half an inch wider if they will fit. Maybe 15 x 7.5.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Wide steel wheels like that with sticky rubber is not a good combination. We had several fail on the track when 'R' rated tyres came along, the centres pulled out. Even relatively new wheels on cars used occasionally. As result they quickly got banned at most track days in Australia.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Update - new wheels for 2019

This year I have finally got around to changing my 15 inch GTAm wheels for 13 inch ones, in an attempt to make my widebody GTA replica look a bit more 'period' and a bit less modern!

I'm pleased with the results, and also with the upgraded brakes and lightweight rear suspension that were added at the same time...

Here are a few pics from this year's Lancia Motor Club trackday at Goodwood...

189 Goodwood LMC Trackday 310319 2.jpg

187 Goodwood LMC Trackday 310319 2.jpg

190 20190330 LMC Goodwood.jpg

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
122 Posts
UPDATED PICS - 1974 2000gtv Dutch Blue

Bumpers refitted, all new rear bushes, new donut, new center bearing support, gearbox mount, engine mounts. Also all new interior including new sun-visors!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
So many beautiful and unique colored cars here but here is mine. It's a 1970 model and just got it a few days ago. Found it in Netherlands back in April and had it shipped to Kuwait. Don't have plates on it yet but once I do will take the car out and take a lot more shots.

Attachments

2561 - 2580 of 2605 Posts