Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2061 - 2080 of 2605 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Stunning. The twin of my car. Must not show yours to my wife as she really, really, really wants me to paint mine red.
Your wife has impeccable taste (of course she must have, she married you etc...). Other colours can look good though, but for me red is a must have.

She's a beauty! Lovely car...
Thanks Simon, she is in really good shape these days especially after the guys at Alfaholics worked their magic on her.

My '68 in the woods.
One of those other colours that can look good! Love the aggressive stance on your car.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
GTV in Madeira

Seen today in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, a red 1968/69 1750 GTV, Lic. DF 63-92.

Please excuse poor quality of the pictures.

But enjoy

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there production data to tell how many of each color were imported to USA by year? Does anyone have that data? Interested in 1971 GTV. Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
I see her now (also in IE but not Chrome...). She looks fantastic. Did you do the restoration yourself?
The full ground up restoration was a combination of myself, my late father who was an A1 Alfa mechanic, one of his ex apprentice mechanic who did some wonderful engineering and also a panel beater who is really good person and highly skilled who knows a thing or two about bending metal on these cars.

The bulk of my work was to find EVERYTHING I needed to rebuild.

I started with a shell that's all I had and I spent a great deal of time sourcing parts locally and around the world and cataloging everything. Everything has been rebuilt from scratch, engine, gearbox, differential etc. All moving and rolling parts have been replaced, nuts and bolts sourced and zinc played where necessary. I went thorough the parts book and together with papajam's help we put together and almost complete fastener set.

All the stainless steel and other bright work parts was packaged off and sent to Franjo Monkina in Slovenia to recondition (beautifully I might add) and I stumbled on a great deal of NOS parts as well.

It was a great experience and most of the journey is recorded in my thread "1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Restoration" on Alfabb.

I am still not 100% finished, I am pulling the extractors off to get ceramic coated as I did not realise how much heat the Alfaholics sports stainless steel exhaust systems emitted!!!

But for the moment I am preparing the car for concourse judging in the Alfa club of Victoria Australia. I know I will lose some points due to the fact the colour is not original and the engine is modified to a GTA spec Nord engine complete with the RAM pipes supplied by Classic Alfa but the rest is pretty much spot on.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
The full ground up restoration was a combination of myself, my late father who was an A1 Alfa mechanic, one of his ex apprentice mechanic who did some wonderful engineering and also a panel beater who is really good person and highly skilled who knows a thing or two about bending metal on these cars.
Fabulous work, just saw your restoration thread so I'll be reading through that later. Best of luck in the concours!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

The bulk of my work was to find EVERYTHING I needed to rebuild.

I started with a shell that's all I had and I spent a great deal of time sourcing parts locally and around the world and cataloging everything. Everything has been rebuilt from scratch, engine, gearbox, differential etc. All moving and rolling parts have been replaced, nuts and bolts sourced and zinc played where necessary. I went thorough the parts book and together with papajam's help we put together and almost complete fastener set.

All the stainless steel and other bright work parts was packaged off and sent to Franjo Monkina in Slovenia to recondition (beautifully I might add) and I stumbled on a great deal of NOS parts as well.

It was a great experience and most of the journey is recorded in my thread "1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 Restoration" on Alfabb.

I am still not 100% finished, I am pulling the extractors off to get ceramic coated as I did not realise how much heat the Alfaholics sports stainless steel exhaust systems emitted!!!

But for the moment I am preparing the car for concourse judging in the Alfa club of Victoria Australia. I know I will lose some points due to the fact the colour is not original and the engine is modified to a GTA spec Nord engine complete with the RAM pipes supplied by Classic Alfa but the rest is pretty much spot on.
Looks fantastic. Good luck at Spettacolo. It's a great event, really well run and always an interesting range of cars to see.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mate - that is one stunning 1750! I haven't seen your thread but will certainly take a look. Love the gunmetal colour (excuse me if got the colour name wrong). My GTV is from Melbourne but is a long way off Concours but is still a joy to drive.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
That 1750 is not too far off one of the original colour choices as I remember it. An owner where I live, Christchurch NZ, had a 1750 (which came from West Australia) in that deep metallic grey colour. I understand it went back to Australia - its not the same car is it? It was quite knocked about underneath by gravel roads but a nice car and looked very sharp when polished up.

2061 - 2080 of 2605 Posts