Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2021 - 2040 of 2605 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did you steal my car? I have exactly the same model and set up, she's been at the garage for 2 months and perhaps they have exported her to SA.....:)

Beautiful looking 1750. Nice to see you have the original 1750 badge on the boot and also to see one on steel wheels. I was going to fit GTA replicas to mine but the steel wheel look has really grown on me.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Beautiful car! Would you mind me asking what model Sparco seats those are, as well as your experience with them?
These were put in the car by the previous owner - where do I find the info on the seats to tell you exactly what model they are?

For what it is worth, they hold you in pretty well - I am 6'1'' and 210lbs - not too hard either. I guess that I am pretty pleased with them - they are a lot more comfortable than the Kirkey seats I had in the super-7 I had before.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The cars below do not make pretty pictures but they are 105's. A local club member passed to alfa wheredom this spring and a few of the local members are sorting through his 13 car or so collection for his wife. He had alfas and parts stored around town and we are tying to consolidate. There is a mix starting with early 60's spiders, GTs, 70's GTVs, Giulia and a lone series 3 spider. Historians may want to make note of the S/Ns of the outside cars.

The attached pic is a GT Jr stepnose. Some of the parts were stripped and stored inside but the pics represent an experiment in outside Alfa storage in the Southeast USA. They do not represent the collection, only the outside parts cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
A 1750 GTV. Not sure if the cost of inside storage would have paid for itself by now with the current value of GTVs--

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Parking my GTV for the Winter

I made a 230 mile highway run last night from Bellevue, WA to Hood River, OR to put my GTV into storage for the winter.

I tell you this is such a great GT car. Cruising down I-5 late at night at 70-80 is just a dream. The car is so comfortable and would be reasonably quite but there is some wind noise.

Anyway, I'm here to store the car but we will be going to a fall pumpkin fest party and certainly drinking the local beers and wine: can you say "Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Cliffs Wine".

It should be a great weekend away with my wife but it is sad to put the car away for the winter. Oh well, at least I will be less distracted from my Super restoration project.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
I made a 230 mile highway run last night from Bellevue, WA to Hood River, OR to put my GTV into storage for the winter.

I tell you this is such a great GT car. Cruising down I-5 late at night at 70-80 is just a dream. The car is so comfortable and would be reasonably quite but there is some wind noise.

Anyway, I'm here to store the car but we will be going to a fall pumpkin fest party and certainly drinking the local beers and wine: can you say "Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Cliffs Wine".

It should be a great weekend away with my wife but it is sad to put the car away for the winter. Oh well, at least I will be less distracted from my Super restoration project.
Nice looking car sorry you have to store your car for the winter .Here in Brisbane Aus. the winter is very mild great time of year. Here's a pic of another silver GT.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
My seats are from a 67ish GTV , covers are non original. Couldn't get original covers in the right colour and I think this looks better.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
My seats are from a 67ish GTV , covers are non original. Couldn't get original covers in the right colour and I think this looks better.
They do look like they belong in an Alfa and bet they are much more supportive

·
Registered
556 Posts
They do look like they belong in an Alfa and bet they are much more supportive
Yes why Alfa made the seats above in 1967 and then chose to put these seats in essentially the same car in 1970 is another little Alfa mystery -- the backs don't even lock in place

·
Registered
841 Posts
It's a two litre with less than a thousand miles, Piper 285/2 camshafts, well ported cylinder head, 40 DCOE's re-jetted and choked to suit, 10.6 : 1 CR, polished & balanced bottom end, GTA exhaust, 123 distributor, lightened flywheel, rebuilt gearbox, lsd, all new.
Not been on the rollers yet, but would expect min 165bhp,
Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's a two litre with less than a thousand miles, Piper 285/2 camshafts, well ported cylinder head, 40 DCOE's re-jetted and choked to suit, 10.6 : 1 CR, polished & balanced bottom end, GTA exhaust, 123 distributor, lightened flywheel, rebuilt gearbox, lsd, all new.
Not been on the rollers yet, but would expect min 165bhp,
Steve
Nice! I bet she goes like brown stuff off a shovel......

2021 - 2040 of 2605 Posts