Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1981 - 2000 of 2615 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nice, Sketchl,

I like your choice to avoid the GTA cut-outs - I don't think the car needs them to look great.

Tell me...
- GTA heart, or something else?
- did you need to fill in the metal behind the lower section of the heart, as it seems smaller, or wasn't it necessary?
- what wheel size and offset ( I have the same car and need to make some choices) I think you have got them about right.

Good work, congratulations.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thanks Ranz,

Note that I modified a 1300 Ti Super grille. I liked the smaller GTA styled grille over the original 1600 grille with a bumper-less scalino, plus it's heaps lighter.

The front end of my 105 had damage to the RHS, plus the valance was rusted so we rebuilt it without the vents, as per the photo below.

The wheels are Alfaholic 15 x 7 ET29 all round, note that we flared the rear internal guards to avoid any rubbering!

Saluti
Sergio

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned this 1974 2000 GTV for 27 years.Paintwork deteriorated to the point where I decided to repaint exterior. Found rust in the bottom of the front guards and in the spare wheel well as a result of the battery falling over and leaking acid many years ago. Those panels were cut out and replaced.

I have the bumpers off and the older style grille as I prefer this look for now. Still a bit of work to go to finish the job but I am happy with the result and looking forward to some driving fun....

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
toddfiebig,

Thanks. You picked up a small change I made. Bertone badge was originally on the right hand side as that panel had holes in it for the badge. I changed the badge on the left hand side as I think it would have been there for right hand drive cars if Alfa could have used adhesives like we can now.

·
Registered
665 Posts
GTP Picures

I've heard some people say they are not hot on the silver but I love it. It us such a beautiful design and this color looks sophisticated.

The garage shot compares the colors. According to Alfa Historico they are:

GTV: Light Silver Metallic
Super: Medium Silver Metallic

but really only the engine compartment is the right color on the Super so far.

Either way...I like Silver!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Guys, nice paint and car. I am looking to have my GTV2000 repainted to replace the original gold colour.

Can you suggest any suitable paint shops in Perth for my 105.

Regards Tim

1981 - 2000 of 2615 Posts