Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 2713 Posts

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
brad fischer said:
tubut;my alfa book was printed april 1970 the info i have on ochre comes from auto paint suppliers eg.109ochre 66-77 ,110 ochre 67-77, 112dark ochre 69-71,ochre 219 68-69 ,220ochre 69-71.suppose to all be alfa colours? confusing.
Very interesting. I have different names for some of these colors, and one I didn't have at all:

AR-109 : Giallo Ocra, '65-'77
AR-110 : Beige Visone, '86-'88
AR-112 : Ocra Scuro, '68-'69 (a.k.a Caramel '75-'76, Grigio '68)
AR-219 : Verde Inglese, '67-'80
AR-220 : No listing.

And yes, Alfa paint color numbering schemes are confusing, at best. There are double-assignments (numbers re-used for different models or diferent years), variations based on body type, and last, but not least, typos and transcription errors.

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
105.51 series 1 1750 GTV ar??? and something strange

I just thought i would send a picture of my fathers 1969 US GTV. The colour is metalic charcoal black, the original colour was beige. Also a picture of a unique and rare alfa?
Brad,

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
brad fischer said:
Also a picture of a unique and rare alfa?
Brad, I'm sorry to say this but the rare Alfa's usually don't have VW steering gear/front torsion bars...

Nice 1750 tho!

Cheers, Nick

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Alfavw hybrid

sorry ,it might be a crime to post a picture of a non alfa on the bb but i could not resist!!
BRAD

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
series1gtv said:
Brad, I love the wheels on that yellow GTV behind your dad's car they look a bit like the wheels from a Moretti 750 GS berlinetta !! Does anyone know what they are?
Brad knows. Think 5 litre Mustang less the caps.

Ciao

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
15x7 Moretti replica rims

La Voce
Ken knows my secret. They are in fact Ford rims. When I put those rims on years ago Ford was in the market to buy part of Alfa or Fiat, so I thought it would be ok to have those wheels on my Alfa. Since then I know a couple other guys that have bought this type of Mustang wheel for their 105 gt's. I think they suit gtv's, but I would rather have a set of panasports or gta wheels, etc, but these get the job done. I do think they look like Moretti wheels and originally I put them on because they look very similar to Giullietta wheels or the wheels on a TZ with the 10 D shaped holes. See my previous posts especially # 176.

Brad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Car Shows +105.30 s2 AR109

Rossano: that particular car show was at Haugens Restaurant on highway 12 near Port Perry. They hold them every wednesday all summer. That show was called the Big One, held before this weekend's GM Autofest, with aproximately 1500 cars in attendance. Other great shows we attend are the Whitchurch Stouffville museum car show, and Brits in the park in Lindsay.
Also a photo of a 1969 GTJ series 2 105.30 yellow ochre AR109
Brad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
?

KEN; how about posting some pictures of your cars,tho i have seen all your alfas exept the new GTJ.

NICKE ; whats the color +AR??? of the paint on your 1969 s1 USA spec 1750 ,i like the color!!

Brad

·
Registered
786 Posts
brad fischer said:
NICKE ; whats the color +AR??? of the paint on your 1969 s1 USA spec 1750 ,i like the color!!

Brad

It's AR509 Rosso Amaranto, the original color of my car. It's even better in person.

Cheers, Nick

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
69 gtv color

nicke ;what color seats did and /or will your car have? my dad should paint his black 69 gtv rosso amaranto. post more pics as you complete your gtv!
Brad

·
Registered
786 Posts
brad fischer said:
nicke ;what color seats did and /or will your car have? my dad should paint his black 69 gtv rosso amaranto. post more pics as you complete your gtv!
Brad
Below is what I got back from Alfa Romeo Archivio Storico:

"According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1530339
originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce USA (105.51),
manufactured on the 27th March 1969 and sold on the 31st March 1969 to Alfa
Romeo from Newark, U.S.A.
The body colour is amaranth red (AR 509), with wild boar leather skai
interiors."

But I'm putting a black interior in. I always prefered black interiors, and when I bought the car (in peices) it came with a pair of black recently re-upholstered "flying buttress" seats.

Cheers, Nick

·
73 GT Junior
363 Posts
Here's My Red One !

Just got a brand new suspension. Koni reds and springs, brand new Yokos and a new SS Magnaflow exaust system from Smestas (Simon). Next week we do velocity stacks and off we go !:D

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for that Brad. Looks nice from the sides, not sure about from the front though. I was hoping it would look a bit more 'lively' I guess. Might be the bad lighting though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yet another bluey...

Hi

It is great to see so many blue alfas. I was at the Le Mans classic this year and saw only one other - he told me he thought his was the only one in the uk - mine is French Blue (at least thats what the badge in the boot said and when the local spray shop got the colour to do some work on it they matched it pretty well perfectly by using that).

Regards

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Mark, you just made my day!...I've been waiting for someone to post another Blue Francia GT picture for a while and yours is just so sweet!....Could you please post a few pics of your car at other angles?

181 - 200 of 2713 Posts