Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My latest Berlina acquisition has these Cromodora Turbinaish wheels (not actual Turbinas though I don't think, as there are detail differences). Can anyone ID them? I've never seen them before. Not the raised center and the vanes have a peaked appearance. Also the details around the lug holes are different.

Incidentally, I'm missing one wheel center if anyone has one or knows where to get them.

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Andrew:

Seems that I remember reading somewhere - probably on the old Alfa Digest - that Alfa sourced the turbina-style wheels from both Campagnolo and Cromadora. Might the answer to your question be as simple as: 1) Campagnolo made most of the turbina wheels, so that is the style we are accustomed to seeing. 2) Your Berlina has the less common Cromadora versions, which have some detail differences?

·
Premium Member
21,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, there are both Campy and Cromodora Turbinas, and I've had both, but these are pretty different. Neither of the normal types has the high raised center, or the peaked vanes. Montreal Turbinas have a more dished vane, but it goes the other way I think.

Andrew

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
... Alfa sourced the turbina-style wheels from both Campagnolo and Cromadora. ...
This is correct. Starting in 1974 Campagnolo Turbinas were OEM. I'm not sure in which year Alfa stopped sourcing Turbinas from Campagnolo and went with Cromodora, but Turbinas were standard OEM until 1982. (In '82 Alfa went with Campagnolo Daytonas, a.k.a. five-stars.) The Turbinas are almost identical, but the Cromodoras are slightly more rounded where they meet the rim.

Yes, there are both Campy and Cromodora Turbinas, and I've had both, but these are pretty different. Neither of the normal types has the high raised center, or the peaked vanes. Montreal Turbinas have a more dished vane, but it goes the other way I think.

Andrew
Agree that these do look different from the usual Turbinas...

Best regards,

·
Premium Member
21,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part of what's going on with these wheels may be a different offset from Alfa standards. I'll have to measure and see if it's in the ballpark as a normal Turbina. Although what else does this wheel circle fit? Only some Fords, right?

ANdrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts