Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help identifying a mystery transmission with bellhousing that is sitting in my shop. Part number on the gearbox case is 105.06.13.102.00 which should correspond to a Giulia 105 of some sort, unless I am mistaken. It came with a pallet load of spare parts, much of which were body parts and misc from a Giulia 101 Sprint Coupe, but also included a few odds and ends from other series.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Doug in Boise, Idaho
www.peconga.com

·
Premium Member
23,267 Posts
Yes, clearly a 105 bellhousing. Got a picture? Probably a standard TI, GT, GTV, Duetto, Super housing. Does it have the big holes on the side for the column shift bushings? Are they machined or not?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
23,267 Posts
Yes, looks like a standard 105 trans and bellhousing for a mechanical clutch car (64-67 GTV, Super, TI, Duetto). It has the plunger in the shifter stub for the push-to-unlock reverse, and two breathers on the tower (early cars have one breather). The bellhousing has the holes for the column shift linkage bushings, but not used in this application. This is how most of them look.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
The red sticker on the side identifies it as having moly syncros, which is good since the non-molys are NLA. I think they came out in '66 or '67.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I need some help identifying a mystery transmission with bellhousing that is sitting in my shop. Part number on the gearbox case is 105.06.13.102.00 which should correspond to a Giulia 105 of some sort, unless I am mistaken. It came with a pallet load of spare parts, much of which were body parts and misc from a Giulia 101 Sprint Coupe, but also included a few odds and ends from other series.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Doug in Boise, Idaho
PECONGA.COM
The bad new (maybe) : 105.06 were Giulia 1300, the lower range Giulias and the only model which is fitted with 4 speed Gerbox. The 1300 engine was virtually a giulietta Ti engine (78 HP anyway). It was offrered as soon as 1964 as a cheap alternative to more luxurious 1600 Ti. It was dicontinued circa 1969.

This model is not so common even in Italy where increased taxes over 1.3l were boosting this type of vehicle. I'm very surprised that it made his way somewhere in the US... :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts