Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up the car today - had the IAP performance springs installed. i like the lowered look.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - i took the car on the highaway around manhattan this afternoon and it seems like a big improvement.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I know it feels like it's on rails doesn't it? Has to be one of the best things you can do......biggest bang for the buck.

The next things to do will be shocks, HP tires, frame stiffener and the rear poly kit from Centerline.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
my next thing will be to refinish the stock rims if i can find a place in the NYC area. i dont drive my car that aggresively so i am not sure what / when i will do more performance upgrades. but you are right - the springs could be one of the biggest bangs for your buck that you can do to your car.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
that sure looks very nice!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
The only time I've installed the IAP springs was on a '69 Spider, so don't know if this applies to 'modern' Spiders, but the front springs went Bang! (at separate times) when I lowered the car to the ground. They are larger in diameter then teh stock springs, so apparently had to settle in. I was afraid they might bang once on the road, but were no problem.

Biba

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you going to Lime Rock on Monday - would be a nice drive from NYC and a chance to see how those springs work on the back roads!
i wish i could but i will be at the us open. hopefully next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts