Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have never heard of FIAMM - there website makes it seem like they are more for american cars as they quote GM and ford.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Fiamm and Stebel are Italian mfg of air horn
I had Fiamm's horn before on my Fiat and they were great

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I went to Pepboys and bought the three trumpet air horn set. They are made by Fiamm. I discarded the largest horn and used the two smaller horns. With the bigger compressor these horns will scare the piss out of anyone within 100 feet of the car:rolleyes:
I think it was around $40.00 for the set.

Paul

·
Registered
492 Posts
The air horn on my Fiat Spider makes the appropriate Italian sounds, I assume it is a Fiamm without checking. The number and size of the trumpets will affect the sound. Don't know how the IAP one sounds.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Just wondering but is that the kind of air horn that replaces the original or has a switch that selects which one blows? Mine died, and I haven't had time to investigate what happened. While fixing (or replacing the original) I would like to install something with enough volume to get those annoying minivans and SUVs out of the way. ;)

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
416 Posts
They are not air horns, but I bought the Fiamm 138 decibel "snail"-shaped horns to replace the factory horns of the same shape, but smaller size. The new horns attached in the same locations after enlarging the bolt holes a bit and hooked up with the same wires.

You can't hear them in the next county, but the big brutes on the freeway at least turn their heads now rather than totally ignoring me!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I bought the dual air horn from IAP and I love it, sounds awesome. When I blow that at some idiot on the road, it gets EVERYBODYS attention. Very easy to install as well using almost all the existing wires.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've always been curious about this - I've never wanted a truck sounding horn, but more what I associate with an Italian sports car. The stock horn in my S4 sounds like a Japanese micro car horn.

I really want that bright, high decibel, piercing trumpet high C sound.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? As a kid I remember watching Cannonball Run II and hearing a Lambo with it. Most likely dubbed in, but it was a beautiful sound. Not a honk, but more like a TWEET-TWEET!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
i have never heard of FIAMM - there website makes it seem like they are more for american cars as they quote GM and ford.
- My '75 Alfasud has a nice FIAMM air horn. If I could find the cable for my digital camera, I would post a photo. Looks and sounds great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone know what I'm talking about? As a kid I remember watching Cannonball Run II and hearing a Lambo with it. Most likely dubbed in, but it was a beautiful sound. Not a honk, but more like a TWEET-TWEET!!!
My favorite car has been and always will be the Black Countach from the first Cannonball Run movie. I know exactly what you mean by the horn sound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts