1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
Saw one in Italy. Interesting, most likely legal here in the US now. And it is left hand drive.

·
18,212 Posts
That engine does work, doesn't it?

·
18,212 Posts
The Chevy Commodore, if you mean the Chevy (Holden) SS such as we have, uses a 414 hp Corvette engine. I don't think there is anything Holden about that engine. The body, yes (and a nice seemingly well built body at that), but not the engine.

Don't know anything about a regular Aussie Chevy Commodore model.

·
18,212 Posts
Ok, understand. I think the small block Chevy V8 is one of the best all around engines ever made, period.

·
18,212 Posts
Oof, pricey fuel. Right now we are running along about $4.25-4.50/gallon for premium here in the Seattle area. East coast is lower by ~$0.50 where we were visiting in New England (always depending of course), and in California they seem to be running about $5/6 per gallon I guess, according to the news.

Turns out the prices are very high because the worldwide oil companies reduced their production because of the pandemic and the expected lower demand; and now that demand is up, they have jacked the prices clear out of sight. Why? Because they can. They control the market and prices.

Not really into big engines as well, but got this car in a fantastic sweetheart deal, and wanted to try something a little different than our Alfas. Very different for sure. Doesn't get driven much, though.

Pushrods work very well, just not "modern", lol.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's with the engine? Non Alfa Romeo?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Personally I think the Brera is one of the nicest looking cars that came out of alfa for a long time. Unfortunately that's where it ends. In four cylinder form it is underwhelming. The opal JTS engine is only surpassed in just how bad it is by the FIAT JTS from the 156. In V6 form it is a heavy piece of refined agricultural machinery. The Holden engine is awful. An alfa they are not.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Oof, pricey fuel. Right now we are running along about $4.25-4.50/gallon for premium here in the Seattle area. East coast is lower by ~$0.50 where we were visiting in New England (always depending of course), and in California they seem to be running about $5/6 per gallon I guess, according to the news.

Turns out the prices are very high because the worldwide oil companies reduced their production because of the pandemic and the expected lower demand; and now that demand is up, they have jacked the prices clear out of sight. Why? Because they can. They control the market and prices.

Not really into big engines as well, but got this car in a fantastic sweetheart deal, and wanted to try something a little different than our Alfas. Very different for sure. Doesn't get driven much, though.

Pushrods work very well, just not "modern", lol.
Gas at Costco here in SoCal is around $4.60 for 91, although I did see $6.50 in LA on Friday. Yikes.

Reactions: autobroker
1 - 20 of 125 Posts