Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
that crash picture just made me throw-up a little in my mouth.

buy another and move your parts over! engine upgrades and stuff. theyre cheap cars! dont go out like that!

·
Registered
95 Posts
OMG! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Glad you're ok though but that is a lot of damage.
What's with drivers following closely? I'm in Charlotte area and it's like they're riding my tail. I find myself watching my rear view mirror more than ahead of me.

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Sorry to hear and see that, looks like she was sweet.
Make them pay DEARLY for their inept, aggressive actions!!!
Since they ripped the assend off your car, now its your turn to rip theirs a new one! :cursing:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Glad to find you able to write about this. On to another...

I am curious, and sure others will be too, to find how the insurance claim goes. Did you have a collector car policy?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have owned this car for 14 years. All of that time through the restoration process I only carried liability insurance. Last year while at a car show I decided to go with Hagerty agreed upon value full coverage insurance. I am so glad I did that. I am now in the process of making my claim. So far they have said that I have nothing to worry about. Zero deductible, agreed value $20K. I will let you all know how well that process goes.

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
X2!!!

Since they ripped the assend off your car, now its your turn to rip theirs a new one! :cursing:

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,527 Posts
I understand how one could want vengeance in this sort of situation, but it's not the healthy response. Hanging onto that anger hurts you as much as the other person.

We love our cars, but at the end of the day they're just things. Insurance sounds like they're going to pay for it: let it go, move on, and find the next adventure.

I like the thought that this may be an opportunity to get a 4C!

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
I understand how one could want vengeance in this sort of situation, but it's not the healthy response. Hanging onto that anger hurts you as much as the other person.

We love our cars, but at the end of the day they're just things. Insurance sounds like they're going to pay for it: let it go, move on, and find the next adventure.

I like the thought that this may be an opportunity to get a 4C!
Not anger or vengeance, just an opportunity for the "responsible" party and their insurance to be held accountable, not spiderjump2 and Hagerty.

Having been through this a few years ago with my Spider, I know the anguish and frustration of dealing with insurance companies who know NOTHING about our cars. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depends on how you look at it)he has a totaled car situation and does have Hagerty with an agreed value to fall back on.
My point is he should not have to use it. He has on record an agreed value of $20k and that's what he should be receiving from the other parties insurance, not some lesser amount based on sales on ebay or Kelly Blue Book value.
The other party was at fault, being irresponsible, caused extreme and finite destruction to a classic car, and jeopardized the health, life and limb of a fellow driver (who may not show symptoms for days or weeks).

I say nail his hide to the side, Clyde!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm glad you came out unscathed, that looks a nasty accident. I'm always a bit nervous of guys (and girls, often) too close to my tail when I'm in the Alfas.
My DD is a 4x4 with tow bar and I don't worry at all in that....
If you can justify a 4C on the back of a $20k settlement go for it man!

What does a 4C sell for over there? They are ca. £50k here.

·
Administrator
17,045 Posts
Ow, it hurts to look at the photo. I am glad you are OK. As has been said, they are just bits of metal & rubber but your's looked especially nice.

Hmm, a 4C...? The initial release models - the red ones loaded with all the options - are going for $70-$80K. The later release models - the "basic" version (in white, I think) reportedly will retail for ~ $50K.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hmm... Hagerty...... Only insures cars that are not going to be driven regularly. In fact 2,000 miles or so a year is pushing it. Hope you didn't rack up a lot of miles in the last year. You should be fine...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My policy had no mileage limit. It is not a daily drier. I spoke with them today and they said there should be no issue since the police report faulted the other vehicles.
Here is what hit me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
pleasing to see it messed his front end up too!

Probably didn't even see you below his bonnet line. Maybe we should have a 6ft flag pole attached to our rear bumpers?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,527 Posts
Yeah. Insurance-wise if you get rear ended it's pretty much never your fault.

Hagerty has a pretty good reputation. What's probably going to happen is Hagerty pays you, dude's insurance pays Hagerty, dude ends up paying a lot more for insurance in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Brutal!

Glad you weren't hurt.

I can't imagine if that would happen to me.

4C is a good trade. :)

Vin

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I had may Hagerty policy to cover 5,000 miles a year.

In some states you can have idiots that rear end you arrested for assault.

Glad you're okay and hopes everything works out.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts