Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i work for hyundai, and we got a bunch of those oval stickers thet say 'DUH" so i tok a bunch to the local spot where they german car folk hang out, here in scramento, it's call ' pallvions' shopping centre. so i got really nicely dressed( itatian suit) and started walking the parking lot( it was dusk) and when i saw a bmw , mbz,porshe with one of those german oval stickers on the back, i bent down like i was tieing my shoes, yes i know a challange for me, and afixed a sticker on their car... before anyony come back a flames me... i did not hit the 2 ferrari's that where there, and i did not afix the stickers all that tightly..

·
Registered
44 Posts
i work for hyundai, and we got a bunch of those oval stickers thet say 'DUH" so i tok a bunch to the local spot where they german car folk hang out, here in scramento, it's call ' pallvions' shopping centre. so i got really nicely dressed( itatian suit) and started walking the parking lot( it was dusk) and when i saw a bmw , mbz,porshe with one of those german oval stickers on the back, i bent down like i was tieing my shoes, yes i know a challange for me, and afixed a sticker on their car... before anyony come back a flames me... i did not hit the 2 ferrari's that where there, and i did not afix the stickers all that tightly..

I wouldn't brag about vandalizing someone else's car. Yes, you did it in the least impactful way possible (i.e. in a way that, hopefully, is easy to remove) but I'm know you wouldn't be very happy if, say, someone came up to your vehicle - be it personal or work - and put a sticker on it that said something mildly offensive about the owner. I know I wouldn't. And, frankly, none of the car guys I know would be - no matter what they drive, or how much they hate the drivers of another marque.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure Hyundai would be very proud of your work, either.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a one inch peice of double stick tape....the hyundai rep. thought it was funny..might get more people thinking about the great cars that they are..lots of quality.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I don't think they are great cars at all. In fact I think I shall put BMW stickers on them ;) :D :)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:rolleyes:IMO, it was a jerk idea :( plus I don't like the idea of touching other people's cars let alone, stickering them (unless they are illegially parked).

·
Registered
293 Posts
and when i saw a bmw , mbz,porshe with one of those german oval stickers on the back, ..

to call these nice german cars porshe that's like calling Alfa
alpha. Duh.................:eek::mad:
No, it's not a porch, porsh or porshe, it's called Porsche.

Best regards

·
Out of the office!
11,639 Posts
What a putz!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sounds like a BS story to me - how many cars do you really see with those stickers on them - a pretty small number over all.

No matter really, you should probably just stick one of those stickers to your forehead and go walking around in your Italian suit.

·
Registered
219 Posts
to call these nice german cars porshe that's like calling Alfa
alpha. Duh.................:eek::mad:

Exactly and it's called Porsch-e NOT Porsch. :mad: Have some respect for Ferdinand. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds like a BS story to me - how many cars do you really see with those stickers on them - a pretty small number over all.

No matter really, you should probably just stick one of those stickers to your forehead and go walking around in your Italian suit.

...............or was it in the Itatian suit???

Well, well spelling can be a serious challange, oops, see what I saying:D:D

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

Exactly and it's called Porsch-e NOT Porsch. :mad: Have some respect for Ferdinand. :)
:rolleyes: It's also called overpriced.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sounds like a great way to get your arse kicked.

It's also called overpriced.
And if you stick to the non-premuim porsches, they're not *that* overpriced. I recently purchased a 2001 Boxster (from a dealer) with 36k miles on it for $23k. It has a 2 year CPO warranty, so the dealer gets to sort out any issues I come across. :D

What can I say, I like convertible sportscars. :)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
IMO, I would kick your A$$ if I caught you doing that to my car German or Whatever.

You don't touch someones property, plain and simple.

A better way about going about would have been to just slide it under the windshield wiper.

Personally I think it is a waste of a sticker. Your hitting a demographic that would never buy a Hyundai, plus your defacing their cars. Now they really would not buy one. Now they have to peel it off which can be a pain in the butt. Most likely would leave some sticky crap on the paint they have to remove as well (due to being a cheap A$$ sticker for advertisign purposes, environmentally stupid as well). So really you have defeated the purpose of your advertising for Hyndaui and I doubt upper management would approve of this gorilla tactic!
I think it's rude.

I don't even like people breathing hard on my car let alone put a sticker on it.

Sorry, I am not on board with this at all and I guarantee the owners of the cars are in the same boat.

BTW I own German cars, have so for many many years. Don't get on your high horse about Alfa and the Italian cars being better than the German and so forth. Give me a break! They all have their advantages! I like German for what it is. I like Alfa for what it is.

Jason

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Just confirms what I said

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Just confirms what I said
Sorry Lowmileage. :D I read the post and got POed and then just replied without reading the rest of the thread. Now that I have I see my points have been covered but I still wanted to get my word in. LOL!!!;)

Ciao!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Said better than I could have ever said it:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts