Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry for my english)I want to buy Alfa 33 but am not sure what kind of car is it, did she have any problems with something, help guys is really good car but am not sure??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Aleksandar
The 33 is a nice car to drive but as with most Alfas of that age bodywork condition is critical. The rust treatment was good - in places! at that time. Where are you based?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Im from Macedonia:) The Alfa is in good condition, but i want to know for the engine, gearbox аre there flaws?? The 33 is 1.4i boxer engine with 120,000km.. :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It looks good but its 16-20 years old. You need to check all of the body and underside.
120000 km is not much for a 22, they often do 300000+ km without problems. But still, its an old car. If you don't know much about car mecanics have someone who does test drive it.
However, its the last series of 33 and very good cars - robust and drives very well like all Alfas do. When that is said, the 1,4 is the least fun of the 33s, the lager the engine the more fun it is.
I bought a new 33 1,5 IE in 1993, kept it for 6+ years/150.000 km and sold it to a work mate who had it for another 6 years/150.000 km. It never gave any trobbles and my mate even got a fair amount of money for it. I have seen it until very few years ago.
Good luck
Erik

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Erik!
Yes i take the mechanic and he test drive it, and he said that she is good with engine and all that and i took the 33 today, i like the car :) :) tnx Erick ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Alexander. I am from Bulgaria. The only problem is that engine camshaft. You can use good engine oil. The engine is very economical. The injection system is 1.4ie magnet-mareli and is better than Bosh. The suspension is tight and not broken down by our broken roads. The coupe has a good corrosion protection. Check the rubber bellows on the axle and hydraulics. I have alfa331.4ie 8 years and I do not change it. if you want I can send you a Alfa Romeo 33 & 33 Sportwagon Workshop Manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts