Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Pining away

I've been wanting one of those RC GTA's for years! I should bought one before I got married. What a Dumbass. ;)

I have five GTV plastic models, all unstarted. One of these days?

Alfa_chan? Have you looked into those 1/18th AutoArt cars on eBay? I have been seeing them go for $39.99 in both rhd, lhd, red and white. It urks me that they advertise them as "Alfa Romeo 67 1750 GTV White 1/18 Auto Art". They're not 67's!

I like this shot of the RC cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Pining away

67GTV said:
I have five GTV plastic models, all unstarted. One of these days?

Alfa_chan? Have you looked into those 1/18th AutoArt cars on eBay? I have been seeing them go for $39.99 in both rhd, lhd, red and white. It urks me that they advertise them as "Alfa Romeo 67 1750 GTV White 1/18 Auto Art". They're not 67's!
Haha... I was going to buy one of those AA one until... I don't know what color my GTV is going to be!! Haha... :D

Which other GTV plastics models are they? I am very interested... I can help you build them! :D
I'm currently assembling a Lotus Super Seven.

Attached is the model that started everything - a birthday present from my best friend - a 1/24 Tamiya Alfa 155 DTM. I've a 1/10 Kyosho body of the same car too, on the Lazer chassis (a wider and bigger 1/10 chassis than those Tamiya)
Sorry about the picture qualities... taken long long time ago...

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,366 Posts
Those are some cool Alfa RCs.

I sort of view RC cars as I do Heroine -- I don't want to start for fear that I'll like it too much and get addicted!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i have one of those...somewhere

i have one of those r/c gta's. it is painted identical to my race car. i'll fix it and bring it out next time. i think it's just a dead battery.
anthony

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have an Audi A4 4WD TA04 I think. Maybe we could race it at Willows during lunch or something. It has a trinity stock modified motor I think. Radials and hmmm.... not sure what else. I haven't played it in a while though. I find RCs very expensive. I might get a 156 body later on.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it time for a new Alfa Organazation?

AROSC-RC

Alfa Romeo Owners of Southern California - Radio Control

All RC races will comence in the parking lots at all the AROSC events.

All membership dues payable to Simon! I think a few hundred should cover it.

:D

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
smestas said:
Is it time for a new Alfa Organazation?

AROSC-RC
:D
I had a dream when I was a kid - Put a X10 camera on a RC car, and race it on a real track... :)

I couldn't find the parts for my JDM Yokomo YR-4MJ here in the states... nor the parts of my 1/8 Serpent Excel 9000... or I will race you guys...

Smestas, does it have to have an Alfa body to participate in the AROSC-RC races?? :D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Re: Pining away

alfa_chan said:
Which other GTV plastics models are they? I am very interested... I can help you build them! :D
Rather than make a list, I layed them out and took a photo. I'll put them together some day. Nice 155!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Pining away

67GTV said:
Rather than make a list, I layed them out and took a photo. I'll put them together some day. Nice 155!
I had four completed models of the R-32 GTR and three 1/10 bodies of it. I still love that car, probably my favorite Japanese car.

My "rice" friend would love the CRX model that you have... he just stripped a CRX and put a JDM SiR engine in it.

Is this one made by the Japan model maker "XXXXX" - forgot the name, one of the big three Japanese model maker - Tamiya, Kyosho, XXXXX
it's really hard to find... what a collection!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Alfa_Chan's Alfa is available

alfa_chan said:
Attached is the model that started everything - a birthday present from my best friend - a 1/24 Tamiya Alfa 155 DTM.
Your search is over!

eBay auction:
1996 Alfa Romeo : ALFA ROMEO 155 DTM
DTM CHAMP.
ALFA ROMEO 155 DTM-ITC CHAMPIONSHIP
Item # 2405631446

AC,
When are you going to dive in?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts