Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although everything seems to be functioning, I couldn't help but notice the bundle of wiring (wrapped in electrical tape) that runs across the front of the engine compartment and appears to serve the front lighting was very badly burned/melted/insulation fused/bare wire exposed...not good. On closer inspection, I noted a ground wire which is part of the bundle had become detached. I reattached the ground and put another wrap of electrical tape around the burned areas. I also noted the wiring serving the under hood courtesy lamp (also part of the bundle) was also in the same bad shape. The lamp fixture had been removed and the connecting ends were exposed.

Could the ground becoming disconnected have caused the problem? Could the connecting ends of the lamp wiring have touched and shorted and caused the problem? If everything is working and the wiring doesn't appear to be shorting/melting any longer, should I take any further action or let it ride?
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top