Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 712 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
I spied two Spiders in Connecticut this week. One was Monday or Tuesday around 6:15 on Route 1 near the Clinton-Madison line, a red S3. The second was just about fifteen minutes ago on Route 146 in Guilford, a black fed-bumpered S2. (Unfortunately I was driving my boss's Subaru wagon this time, having just made a run to the warehouse.) Anyone here?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I spy with my little eye a sad sight.

While driving on 122 in Uxbridge, MA I spot a Grey Alfa Series 2 rubber bumper Spider with flat tires sitting in the grass at a local bone yard. (Universal Auto Salvage). It was the same Spider that was parked at a local Body shop in Woonsocket, RI for months. Top looked good as did the body. However, the windows were partially opened so who knows what the floor pan is like.

There was also what looked like a Red Triumph TR4 sitting all nice and pretty in the back lot. However a closer look revealed the car to be a Datsun 1600 Sports Car. I haven't seen one of these in years.

Dave

·
Registered
339 Posts
I saw a 70s white spider and a gulia sedan and a bright yellow lancia at some shop in beverly mass. yesterday while on my way to Salem. I also saw a green late model 164 in the Darien train station parking lot last week as well.....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Saw a S3 red spider in downtown dover driving like it was built to. The guy was FLYING! Anyone on the board?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I took the Spider to Dedham to the Bay State Antique Auto Show at the Endicott Estate this Sunday. Parked in the In-laws driveway a couple of blocks away. While walking back to the house, I spied a creamy yellow (beige) S3(?) Spider with a crease over the rear right wheel well driving down East Street. Anybody from here?
What I didn't see was ANY Alfas in the show. Was there some other AONE event going on???

P.S. Must remember sunscreen next time. My arms are still Alfa Rosso!!! :eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
saw a red or orange spider in Needham around 7pm yesterday at a chinese food restaurant...anyone here??

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Saw a red 164 on route 1 in Clinton this evening around 6:20. Anyone? (A tan Milano has also appeared in the parking lot at Snitzel Bros. Foreign Car Parts. I might need to go see what the story is with that.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
ok.....i saw way too many alfas in Italy to list here ;)......
but last night I was sitting at Starbucks in Darien when what I think was a 70s or early 80s spider drove by. The driver looked kind of tall and had blond kind of curly hair i think. The spider looked to be in pretty good shape, although this was around 9:45 so it was hard to see any details.........anyone know anything?

·
Registered
339 Posts
ok.... two sightings today

1. in shippan stamford there was a 164 at the exxon service station :( hope he's not getting major work done there

2. i just found an 81 spider up the street from me, possibly the most perfect spider i've ever seen, it's only got 36k on it and meticulously maintained by a loving owner.... hopefully he will join the BB soon, i led him on to it. but yea its beautiful and it's been under my nose this whole time!!!!!

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Saw a dark grey 80s Spider on RT 302 in Naples Maine today.
It amazes me how many sitings there are that are not of BB members cars !!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Why does it seem every alfa sighting is in CT?!?!

Who will i be seeing tommorow at the AONE South Shore Mystery Rally?

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
Milford NH score

Big score...two Alfas in 20 minutes! I was out in my Fiat around dusk, enjoying the early evening air. I saw a S3 silver (I think) Spider traveling south on Rt 13 while I was going north between Milford and Brookline. 20 min later, I saw an S3 red Spider traveling west while I was going east on Nashua Street (101-a), near where the old White Horse Tavern was. Both sightings were in moderate traffic, so I saw them just long enough to catch the grille & headlights, and a quick glance in the rearview to see taillights going away.

These were the first Alfas that I have seen in about three weeks in NH.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I saw a Red Series 3 Spider parked at a local Garage on Cumberland Hill Rd. in Woonsocket, RI. Looked like it was their for repairs. Also in the parking lot at this garage was, I think, a Dino. I've seen some pretty cool cars there. A Lambo, several Porches, a few BMW's and a 60's Jag Sedan for sale.

Dave

·
Registered
352 Posts
I spied, from my Accord, a black S3(?), with a couple in it. You were heading North on Route 1, about two miles south of Foxboro Stadium at 8:05 pm Sunday July 24th. Once again, anyone from here???

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Heading up a hill on Beecave Road in Austin Saturday evening, a beautiful red Duetto. :cool:
I was up from Corpus for a family wedding and was traveling in a minivan heading the opposite direction.
Looked really good, but why was the top up? :confused:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Spotted a teal colored Spider in North Kingstown on Rte 1 last night around 8:00. Didn't know they even came in that color. An S3, I think, but we passed each other rather quickly, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
KennyG said:
Spotted a teal colored Spider in North Kingstown on Rte 1 last night around 8:00. Didn't know they even came in that color. An S3, I think, but we passed each other rather quickly, so I'm not sure.
Unfortunately thats what my encounters are like. Too quick to apreciate.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
series 3 spider was at Matt Scotts Auto Repair in Rochester NH. I was gonna steal it but then i saw BIG Matt. :p

61 - 80 of 712 Posts