Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a race like that once. I had the guy for the first 20 or so feet, but that was only because the "walk" sign came on before the traffic light...

Nikes have a lot of grip. Great for a quick start but not much top end:D

-H

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tricked him:):) i put my car at 6000 rpm. so he would think i was going to drop the clutch , and spin the wheels....so when i here him put that ferrari at 6 k, i droped mine back down to 4000 rpm, and when he droped his cluch when the light turned green,, all he did fo a sec. or so was do a burn out...i didn't, and got traction as soon as the light turned green:):):),, as he passed me he smiled and at the next light , he smiled, and said" good one.you got me on that start:), he said he never heard my car drop the rpm's and had a good start."..nice guy, wonderfull car..

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
when you were behind him as he changed from first to second, did you see the flames from the exhausts (I love the flames, I want the flames, why can't I have the flames?)

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
(I love the flames, I want the flames, why can't I have the flames?)
You can by going with one of these kits... (the 'show car injection kit' is catylitic converter safe and doesn't cut the engine to work)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Somehow, I don't think that is what Ferarri do :rolleyes: (neat trick though :cool:).

Another flaming road car is the Koniggesseggg (?spelling:confused:) - saw it on Top Gear a few weeks back and it was trailing huge licks of flame out its exhausts on the upchanges :D - not just the little spits you get from a 360/430, but big long lingering yellow flames :eek: that's what I'm talkin about! :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was following a 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12 a few years back and it shot flames out the back on some of the shifts. That is such a pretty car to watch! The flames were pretty cool also - shooting out the two high exhaust pipes in the center.:)

-H

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was following a 1974 Jaguar E-Type V12 a few years back and it shot flames out the back on some of the shifts. That is such a pretty car to watch! The flames were pretty cool also - shooting out the two high exhaust pipes in the center.:)

-H
droool, that is sooo cool.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Only if you try to roast someones front clip out on the street or dig on burning walls. (because kids are stupid like that)

If used in a civil 'off road only' fashion, you likely won't get any complaints from of the local gendarme.

If in doubt, check local and state laws. (I've been all through the NYS statutes book and didn't find anything against them. Not that I'm running right out to buy a set mind you, just that if I wanted to I could)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts