Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
because my 164B making mayo again so I gave daughter Black Beauty to get to work and fall classes starting up again in August. I guess I should have gone ahead and changed engine last winter (TO DARN HOT NOW). You can't have to many spare cars (Alfas).

So now with it to hot to work on 164S rehab project, too I guess I will enjoy not worrying about anything car related in particular.

Boy Howdy did Don, Skip, Rick, Bob and I have a good time in Lexington, KY at Alfa Convention and also when our wives (Don and mine) joined us a good time was had in Nashville, TN at 28th Fiat Freak Out, too. Larry and Belinda were at Alfa LEX thing and I got them to come to Nashville with their new Fiat 500, too.

If I win the Fiat 500 raffle in August I will have one, too.

See the S project hidden next to truck. My friend JJ repainted hood and bed cap just before I left for two car conventions so I cleaned it up today and added chrome step rails to help us step up into this high boy. This was my neigbor's one owner truck and since I sold the Ford Ranger I was truckless and had withdrwal pains.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Dodges are great!! Have a 96 for 12 years, Me PLOW Truck, 170K and still going strong.

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We went to Fiat Freak Out 2011 in Nashville in a 2004 towing 81 Fiat Spider.

Sara brought back my Burgundy Dodge Ram and my 164B.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
So I guess you decided against the Jeep GC!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
To me, a 164 is a big vehicle but those 'trucks' certainly make it look small!

Nice shiny cover over the load area on your Dodge but washing and polishing all that paintwork must take hours. The front end is giant and has some curious deflector above the grille?

I test-drove a '91 Honda Beat last week... now THAT is small. Was going to buy it but decided against it - it's in usual 20-year-old tatty condition.

-Alex

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Subject to Change so we did

So I guess you decided against the Jeep GC!
Well. events sort of decided for us in that the Jeep title issue with SC DMV sending them a letter about SC plates on a car titled in GA and then latest safety flag issue about 1993-04 models catching fire in rear end crashes.

The title issue kept dragging on.

Guess later safety issue got wife worrying and me too, a little.

Plus this is a one owner truck.

Maybe a 2005 or up GC Jeep in the future if I can flip the truck for some real money.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I love my GC, but man gotta have truck. That's why I have both.
Thanks for showing us the FFO Steve. Good fun.

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which NADA book is that?

Gis waitin for the economy to colapse when Alfa's are no longer worth the tens of thousands in NADA.:(
At least 164s are already there and only listed for tens of thousands of pennies not dollars now.

My Ranger truck sold for more than I paid for it 7 years ago because used truck prices had gone up. Don't think I ever saw that happen before at least not on anything I have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Nada is the only one I use. Dad always paid, but its too much for me in this economy. Like Fred said, YmMv

Nice Dodge. Don't let them tell you its a MB.

·
Registered
573 Posts
How's the whirlpool on the tank going anyway?:D

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What?

How's the whirlpool on the tank going anyway?:D
Do you mean hot tub? Emptied it for repair of air bubbler and have not refilled it. Tested air bubbler but probably won't refill with water until this fall when weather heads towards winter again.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Either you're joking about what I said or I was a bit too subtle.:D

How's the whirlpool in the gas tank with that massive engine? Bet you need a really big tank on that one.;)

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Either you're joking about what I said or I was a bit too subtle.:D

How's the whirlpool in the gas tank with that massive engine? Bet you need a really big tank on that one.;)
Zinger!

I must have been to sleep deprived from dealing with our sick "night owl" dog keeping me up most of the nights this past week when I read your post.

Infact I just woke up at 11 pm after falling asleep on coach at 5 this afternoon as I was up again at 4 am this morning.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sick dogs are a pain to take care of. No matter how hard you try they'll just keep everyone awake when they're in pain. I found myself in situations like that many times.

Hope your dog gets better, and you too can have a well earned rest. Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In just 6 hours I will be

Sick dogs are a pain to take care of. No matter how hard you try they'll just keep everyone awake when they're in pain. I found myself in situations like that many times.

Hope your dog gets better, and you too can have a well earned rest. Have a good day.
in a sports bar at 7:30 am for breakfast watching the F1 race with fellow Alfisti. So maybe I can go back to sleep now to be ready. I expect you can watch it at a later hour in Portugal.

Here is text of invite to breakfast:
Subject: Formula One BREAKFAST this Sunday: July 31st – Hungarian GP

F1 race fans: We are ‘back to breakfast’ LIVE for this Sunday’s Hungarian GP! This will be the last race before the F1 summer break, so there will not be another F1 breakfast until the end of August. Wake up early and be at the Azalea Inn/Time Out Sports Bar by 7:30am for the pre-race.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts