Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey folks, Some of you might have heard of Biba's (of Biba's Restorations in Irwindale, Ca) ill health and passing in the past few weeks. He was a fairly active AlfaBB member and a long time Alfa fanatic. His family held an estate sale at his shop recently and I was able to acquire many good parts at that sale but a few days later I was at my desk sipping very strong coffee and I stumbled across an ad for what appeared to be a very solid 1975 Alfetta. Being smog exempt here in SoCal I was immediately interested and off to Beverly Hills Car Club to inspect. I am always extra skeptical when looking at cars there since they have a fairly bad reputation but I was very happy to find that this Alfetta was in fantastic condition! Very solid and rust free with some interesting parts on it too. It was only this morning that I put 2 and 2 together and realized I had purchased Biba's actual car.
Congrats on the Alfetta.
I'm sorry to hear about Biba, I enjoyed reading his post.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on your Alfetta, looks great! I too am a benefactor of the Biba legacy, I bought through eBay the Fusi book from his daughter. I asked her how she acquired it and she told me it was her dad’s. It’s cherished coming from a passionate Alfista and it’s found a good home!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
No Alfetta coupes had stainless bumpers with hanging indicators from the factory. If they had SS bumpers the indicators were the recessed ones above the bumper. The bumpers without overriders were used on GT‘s, 1.8’s from launch till early ‘76 and 1.6’s after that. The overriders were fitted to all GTV’s.

The early front panel, without the openings under the grille, were only fitted to the 1.8 GT’s, same with the egg crate grilles, while both lasted longer in the US. Like the 105/115 cars the US cars were quite different in many ways.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts