Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear experts in performance automobile parts. I am building an oil cooler for my G37 Sport. I have all the hoses and coolers figured out. But I am having hard time finding "Thermostat Sandwich Adapter". Any one know a good dealer around So Cal? And if you have any tips and suggestions please PM me or post on this Thread.

Thank you for your advise.

As I am building. I will be posting more threads. Please further advise me, and wish me LUCK.

Once again thank you

For now I ordered two products off eBay. And spent little over $200.

Mocal Hi Flow Sandwich Plate Thermostat BSP Adapters

Setrab 619M22I Oil Cooler 5-3/4x11-1/4 w/ AN-6 fittings

Hose and hose ends, I am taking all my ordered parts to the local vendor "Sweet Performance Products", and have him figure out right hoses and hose ends.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Find a sandwich adapter but nix the T-stat kind. They tend to kill oil pressure but of course control temps. For street use you could cover or bypass the EOC with a bit more plumbing to keep the temps up and then run no cover on the track. Its not elegant but I like my oil pressure higher rather than lower. Just my personal preference.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use a cover over mine on the street. I use my license plate.

Good Luck.
Roy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Find a sandwich adapter but nix the T-stat kind. They tend to kill oil pressure but of course control temps. For street use you could cover or bypass the EOC with a bit more plumbing to keep the temps up and then run no cover on the track. Its not elegant but I like my oil pressure higher rather than lower. Just my personal preference.
T-stat? Please excuse my ignorance, I want to know more about T-stat. Thank you

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well some takeoff plates have thermostats/switches in the system so that the EOC is bypassed until your oil is up to temp like the T-stat in your radiator water cooling system. With engine oil many engine oil thermostats spiced into the EOC will cause a significant oil pressure drop. My preference especially on a race car is to just have a takeooff plate and lines and EOC to keep the oil pressure up because you will already increase your oil volume with all this extra plumbing and hence drop your pressure some anyway. Do a search on this because it is controversial and some think I'm full of BS.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thank you Roy, that is great idea. But please consider to obscure your license place number. we don't want people stealing private information.
That is all public record. If they want to steal his car, they will no matter what he does. The only real reason to hide your plate is if you're doing something, err, wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for all your help. I finished installing Oil Cooler.

Setrab Series 6, 16 row oil cooler. $145 Shipped.

Bought from eBay seller. Setrab is made in Sweden and it is best oil cooler out there.

8AN 90 Degree Double Swivel Hose End - Anodize from sweet performance. $16.94 each you need two.

8AN 45 Degree Double Swivel Hose End - Anodize also from sweet performance. $16.94 each you need two.

You have option of using 8AN or 10AN. We chose 8AN, no special reason. But make sure to fit all hose and hose ends to match the size. Make sure to use Anodized hose ends.

8AN Stainless Steel Braided Hose - $6.50 per foot from sweet performance. We used 6ft, but I recommend 8ft. All aftermarket oil cooler kits use, nylon hose. But we opted for stainless steel for protection against rocks and debris.

Mocal Hi Flow Sandwich Plate Thermostat BSP Adaptors, $95 shipped from eBay Seller.

Oil Cooler $145
Anodize Hose Ends (x4) $67.76
Stainless Steel Hose 6ft $39
Mocal Hi-Flo T adapter $95
10AN to 8AN adapter (x2) $20

Total cost before tax $366.76

After acquire, all item above fitting is pretty easy. Almost

1. Remove bumber
2. Fit 90 degree hose ends on Sandwich adapters
3. Run hose up and over intake duct.
4. Secure oil cooler in front of radiator. I ran holes through center steel post and secured with some bolt. But there are brackets out there.
5. fasten 45 degree hose ends to the oil cooler.

we have originally planned to place the oil cooler on the driver side of the vehicle. However 3 ft stainless hose we bought forced us to move the oil cooler over to passenger side. Oil filter is closer to the passenger side of the G37.

Yes we are lucky, one of our friend owns a service center. So we got to use his.

Drain all you oil before any fitting

Remove oil filter and fit the thermostat sandwich adapter

Run the hose over and through intake duct.

Make sure to adjust angle of the oil cooler so the hose nor the ends touch other parts of the car. We fitted our between front sway bar and ignition motor on top. It is tight.

For now at the street, I am not able to test. However hope to see you guys at the Laguna Seca next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts