Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with out a Alfa for 2 years I miss not having a Alfa. I'm looking for one project with out rust. Can any one help me?

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
:D:D:D ... No rust!! then it would not be an Alfa Romeo project :D

Good luck
Pete

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Some basic information would help like-

How much do you want to spend?

What sort of Alfa?

What do you want to do with it when it' s finished, commute, take rubbish to the tip in it, race it, polish it, burnouts in the local car park?

FWIW, Peter is right, a project with no rust is unlikely to have Alfa badges on it!;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you are wrong there has to be a barn find no rust Alfa Romeo project out there waiting for me to find.

·
Out of the office!
11,620 Posts
I hope you are wrong there has to be a barn find no rust Alfa Romeo project out there waiting for me to find.
Chances are really slim to find an Alfa sitting in a low humidity "barn". Most barns or out buildings have dirt floors. The humidity rising from the floor can still cause a car to rust.

If you are serious about finding one, you might consider contacting someone like Wayne Carini. He's got a couple of Alfas on his website.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
It can be done !

This Giulia 1600 S 1970 came out of a garage in Florence Italy in 2006.
One owner, 56,000 kms, original paint and no rust !

I would concentrate my search in Europe. That is where these are sleeping....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I have been with out a Alfa for 2 years I miss not having a Alfa. I'm looking for one project with out rust. Can any one help me?
Are you looking for a GTA, or any Alfa?
Otherwise, this thread should go to another section.
Nevertheless, best of luck in your quest!

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
523 Posts
If you have the skills to handle the mechanicals and other aspects of restoration, you should be able to handle minor to moderate rust repair. Before I started working on my'73 Spider, I'd never even picked up a welder; now after completing a number of floor pan repair patches, I feel confident enough to attempt most any repair needed on the car. Just start on areas like floor pans where your initial poor looking attempts end up covered; by the time you complete those you should be able to tackle most anything. Actually replacing the rot with solid metal is very satisfying.

Best regards,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTA rust free project wanted but I may consider other Alfa

Regards, Alberto
GTA rust free project wanted but I may consider other Alfa Romeo. I'm open minded. I may even trade my 13 acres of land for GTA

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey I have a 1991 Spider Veloce with 57,000 miles that runs well, but will paint work, but the body is perfectly straight and 99.5% rust free if you are interested give me a call at 925-303-3259. Also I am located in Northern California.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,030 Posts
Does it "qualify" ;) as a "project" without rust or is it just "fettling" then?? ;) Best of luck finding a no-rust car that is a minor-project. In my experience if there is no rust, the rest of the car is pretty well sorted also. Just make sure the barn/shed had a cement floor and was heated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts