Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 --

The above ad offers this interesting description: "The body is original to the car ..."

Duh! If you take away the unibody from a unibody car, what's left, wheels and tires?

1974 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTV2000 | eBay

This dealer ad is pretty good, too: "This Alpha Romeo 2000 GTV is a fine example of Italian history that was locally owned here in North Carolina for almost a decade. The previous owner was a huge car enthusiast and gave this GTV all of the attention it needed and deserved. It was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro while at Bertone, and was a welcome favorite from its introduction. The engine is a 1962cc Twin-Cam and the transmission is a 5 speed limited slip differential. These Alpha Romeos have become very collectible in the past few years and are increasing in value."

You don't need to be an English teacher to have fun with this ad. For instance, "The previous owner was a huge car enthusiast..." This suggestions that you might want to look for extra wear to the driver's seat, if you get my drift. Or, how about the 5 speed limited slip differential? Sometimes, less is better. As is spelling the car's name correctly when trying to attract an enthusiast.

·
Registered
82 Posts
But wait- "Turn the key and this freshly built piece of work is capable of over 200HP"; "The Mechanical fuel injection is a nice feature and helps with delivering that exact amount of gas and air." The pics show carbs...

Bid with confidence- seller has almost 80% positive rating...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The Black Rims are horrible...

·
Super Moderator
10,907 Posts
The Black Rims are horrible...
Yea, they really are.

But to my eye, the shoulder harness anchors are the real abomination. If anyone here buys this car, please relocate them to a higher point.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But wait- "Turn the key and this freshly built piece of work is capable of over 200HP"; "The Mechanical fuel injection is a nice feature and helps with delivering that exact amount of gas and air." The pics show carbs...

Bid with confidence- seller has almost 80% positive rating...
I missed that the silver Alfa has carbs instead of injection. That says a lot about the sales team at this dealership. They sell cars to enthusiasts without knowing anything about their product.

The claim to 200 hp doesn't bother me. Most everyone with a modified engine lies about how much horsepower their car has. Of course, with this one there is nothing to indicate the motor has been rebuilt, let alone extensively modified. Chances are this one has about half the horsepower claimed in the ad. That's about right when considering the normal used car salesman to truth ratio. (Apologies to honest used car salesmen on the forum. Your rarity makes you someone to be treasured. :smile2: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts