Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few of you guys know I'm here in Seattle attending school. It's been boring lately. I dont go to bars, clubs, or restaurants most of the time so I've decided to start driving since Washington offers lots of roads, and space. This time I drove Olive Oil to the Olympic National Forest. It was a loooooong drive. About 10hrs total around the peninsula with plenty of stops. It sunned and then rained, and more rain, but it was awesome! I need a dash cam!
On the ferry

stopped for breakfast

Entering the Forest:

I saw the top of the mountain, and it was good

Forks, Washington

Found Sasquatch!

Back Home, and washed!
Next weekend I'm driving to and through cougar mountain.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
not sure what I like bester, the pics, the trip or that you named your car Olive Oil !!! cioa chris

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
You took some of the same drive that Paul (kcabpilot) just took. Yes, it is long around the Peninsula, but there are some very pretty scenes here and there. We have taken the same drive, and many others, in our Alfas through the years. Much to see on the east side of the mountains as well, as that climate and environment is absolutely different from our wet side.

Sounds like you enjoyed it as much as Paul seemed to, although his still ongoing journey was for another purpose, one of fond remembrance and a process of recovery from the loss of his wife of many years.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
We love the peninsula as well and usually get a camping trip in at a campground near Forks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Manitou Lodge

Next time you're out there and feel like spending the night, check out the Manitou Lodge in Forks. My wife and I have spent many nights there over the years, walking the beaches and stopping over in the rain forest. It's a special part of the world for us - I even proposed to her on the banks of the Hoh River. Just be careful driving past Lake Crescent; I've picked up a couple speeding tickets coming through those sweepers :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A very lovely ride in a very lovely car. I feel your pleasure for the nature.
I've been driving a lot here in WA, and its mind blowing! So much green compared to the golden state. I can do both back and forth. Desert, forest, desert, forest. It's all about driving. I wish I had an Alfa back in LA. Those desert drives are magical!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts