Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the sport rear section, and a new Ansa center muffler also. Heck, I got $26 in new stainless bolts/nuts/washers in it, too! 馃榿 馃榿 The video link is posted below:

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Building Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Bumper
PXL 20220630 013807155 1

Registered
That Ansa looks and fits great.
I thought you were putting in a plug for Battery Tender ;)

• Haha
Reactions: alfaloco

I like your personalized license plate.
PROVA = TEST in Italian.
Handy when a cop pulls you over. "I was testing to see if ... " 馃槃

Registered
1986 Spider Veloce
This is the sport rear section, and a new Ansa center muffler also. Heck, I got $26 in new stainless bolts/nuts/washers in it, too! 馃榿 馃榿 I wanted to post a video sound bite too, but the BB doesn't seem to like my MP4 file, for whatever reason. Anyone have any idea why??

View attachment 1740878 View attachment 1740879
the tail piece looks like it fits just right in that bumper opening!
nice......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like your personalized license plate.
PROVA = TEST in Italian.
Handy when a cop pulls you over. "I was testing to see if ... " 馃槃
It never worked when I was a kid, I doubt if it would work now! 馃榿 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can post the file to youtube and post the link here.
Got it! Well of course... I had done that before but it somehow escaped me. Grazie!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have chassis stiffener envy. 馃様
Actually, if you're skilled with a MIG welder, and like to fabricate things, you can make your own chassis stiffener that fits much better, and is easier to install. It's not a shuttle launch!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually got my inspiration from your video!

Reactions: NCboatrx

Premium Member
It will sound a lot better after about 500 to 1000 miles. Thats when all the material inside has gone away.

I've hung at least hundred of these and the earlier twin tip.

Registered
Fits really well, nice tailpipe.

Funny, I was just under my Duetto unhooking the stinger tailpipe from the main section to drop the transmission. I remember my PO (long ago) saying he "custom built" that exhaust. Amazing it lasted all those years. Although I remember some buzzing when I stored it 10 years ago. So I've often wondered if the main muffler is stock or some straight-through box that fit.
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

This joint is loose - the pipe will rotate in the hole. That's likely the noise.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Home-made hanger?
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Tire Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Hood

Your muffler sits aft of the trailing arm mount and crossbar completely. Not sure that's where this one sits.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fits really well, nice tailpipe.

Funny, I was just under my Duetto unhooking the stinger tailpipe from the main section to drop the transmission. I remember my PO (long ago) saying he "custom built" that exhaust. Amazing it lasted all those years. Although I remember some buzzing when I stored it 10 years ago. So I've often wondered if the main muffler is stock or some straight-through box that fit. View attachment 1741405

This joint is loose - the pipe will rotate in the hole. That's likely the noise. View attachment 1741406

Home-made hanger? View attachment 1741407 View attachment 1741408
Your muffler sits aft of the trailing arm mount and crossbar completely. Not sure that's where this one sits.
You found the source of the buzz, alright. The hanger itself in the photo is OEM Alfa, but it looks like it was cut off and rewelded to a muffler the PO found. Notice the welded-on upturned elbow on the outlet, that's not OEM for Cisam or Ansa center mufflers. He clamped it onto the front pipe also, so what he told you was basically correct.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts