Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Well, the new site is somewhere between non-intuitive and malevolent. Giving up for tonight.

Mods.... where is the “delete post” command?
Hi Don

Steep learning curve for all of us, the new software will only allow you to edit a post for 24 hours, after that it's locked and you need to ask a moderator or administrator to edit it for you - we've requested that Verticalscope amend this ruling...... no time frame as yet

A new Tips & Tricks thread has been created here --> https://www.alfabb.com/threads/tip-tricks-to-survive-the-move-to-the-new-bb-software.689538/, we'll keep updating it as we learn more & more

I'm more than willing to lend a hand swapping rear ends on 1488, I can swing wrenches quite well - send airline ticket ;)

Ciao
Greig

·
Push hard and live
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hello Greig,

The two posts I want to delete were some kind of glitch in which my one post was duplicated, then triplicated. I was able to erase the duplicated content by immediately editing them, but could not, and still can't, find how to simply delete a post that has become moot. I tried to find this routine button immediately, not 24 hours later, but no luck.

I'm somewhat in favor of making edits and deletes a little more structured. Several years ago I got scolded by a moderator for a reply I made to another moderator, and threatened with suspension. After receiving the scolding, I went back and found the moderator's original post that had brushed my hair up backwards had been edited and no longer contained the offensive language that provoked me. I'm long past that little event, but it could make sense to retain a audit-trail of edits and deletes for this type of situation.

I routinely continue editing my posts for a day or more. As I've told my friends, if I use all three of "their", "there", and "they're" incorrectly in the same paragraph, I have been kidnapped and this is the signal to call the FBI. Word redundancy makes me flush with shame.

Anyway...

Son was supposed to be here around noon. No show. Yet. We'll get the pumpkins out.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Don — if you indeed want to ditch the old radio in that spider please let me know — I think I want to install something in my 71 but not sure yet..

Thanks, bob

·
Push hard and live
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Bob,

Not certain on radio yet. I’d leave it in, except the early-gen display has died, so no frequency, mode, band, or any other info. One can sort of blunder around and get lucky that something will tune in.

I’ve been considering one of Woody’s units, them it occurred to me that a delete plate and a hidden Bluetooth power head might be best of old and new worlds.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Sounds good. I;d like to find a small AM/FM receiver that I could 'hide' -- maybe the bluetooth thing with streaming music is the best approach? thanks, bob

·
Push hard and live
8,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Bob,

They’re kinda flaky, but Woodys Custom Shop offers some solutions. I’ve got one in my 59 2000. When it’s off it looks like a 50’s tube type with push buttons and wiper tuning. Turned on, you see LCD screen, tone and band control, etc. I’ve connected a Bluetooth receiver to it, so all the options. Also, a sub under the dash. Pretty good sound, below 50 MPH.

I was going to pull the trigger on another when I got the idea for a delete plate and hidden electronics. This would potentially, depending upon choosing it, provide hands-free phone operation. However, since I won’t let the lad have a smart phone, that option may not be selected.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts