Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one transplanted a Biturbo drivetrain into an Alfetta sedan?
I know where there is a running wrecked one. It's about three doors down from me. I just drove the Fetta and now compared to my 164S with new cams it sucks:rolleyes:

Paul

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
The biturbo engines are pretty wide aren't they? There's another maser engine and trans out at the farm too......;)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think id be sweet. What are the specs as far as width height etc on biturbos.

·
Registered
936 Posts
its still running ??

umm, wasn't the Bee-turbo, like, the most unreliable car ever :rolleyes:

wouldn't be easier (and politically correct) to transplant a Milano 3.0v6 drivetrain ? its been done before . . .

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Funny thing is, I recall hearing a few years back about someone swapping the Alfa 2.5 into the biturbo and it being quicker, more reliable and better sounding!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Funny thing is, I recall hearing a few years back about someone swapping the Alfa 2.5 into the biturbo and it being quicker, more reliable and better sounding!
Probably not far off. The first spec-engine produced but 185bhp from a SOHC 2500 V6. It did have 3 valves per cylinder too, and of course 2 turbos. Single carb.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll bet someone could make some measurements...Hint,hint...Fetta?

I'm wondering about using the ZF trans and modifying the Dedion with a normal rear end.
I did some measuring on a Maserati V-8 several years ago and it looked like it could have been shoehorned into the Milano/GTV-6. The sump is the only question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts