Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been chasing exhaust leaks off & on for quite awaile now. I finally decided to tackle the last one in the rear muffler. The front of the muffler was busted in a couple of places though it didn't have any visable rust. I have been able to repair that kind of damage before so I figured WTH I've got nothing to loose. When I got the muffler down it felt like it weighed 50 lbs. Upon close inspection the end was doa so i decided to cut out the 2 pipes and add in a short section of pipe for the fix.

What I found was the muffler was full of carbon, rust, and honeycomb from the cat converter. Hmmm no wonder no exhaust was getting out of the tail pipe.

My concern with just putting in a pipe is that I don't want a loud cop caller exhaust. Well I took it out for a test drive and WOW what a difference in power. The other thing that I noticed is that the car dosen't appear to be any louder. In fact the engine fan is still louder than the exhaust. So much for all of those stories about how loud "stinger" pipes are.

The best part is no more exhaust leaks. Whew!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldnt find what kind of car you have from your profile. You are v lucky you fixed your exhaust problem That easy, fellow member!!!!

It's and '82 Spider. BTW I fixed my profile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts