Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being from the US we all envy the cool cars that we never got like Suds, Sprints, 33, 155, 156, etc. So when i found a Sud in the US for sale i couldn't write the check fast enough:eek:

Shes a 1982 Sud originaly with a 1.3. The folks at Just Suds in england put a 1.7 in a few years back. Some where along the line she got a sunroof, modern radio, and probably some other goodies. I never have seen a Sud in person before i purchased it, i only had the good word of the Boxer forum members to go by. After driving it for two weeks i am having a BLAST. This is the best alfa i have driven to date! :D:DThe 1.7 probably helps that along, plus MPG in the mid 30's puts a smile on my face at the pumps!!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Congrats for finding a rare for the US car. I notice that there UK license plates... Are you planning to register the car under US plates? Is it difficult to have a non US spec car registered?

Enjoy the Sud although the steering is on the wrong side ...;)

Regards

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Congrats for finding a rare for the US car. I notice that there UK license plates... Are you planning to register the car under US plates? Is it difficult to have a non US spec car registered?

Enjoy the Sud although the steering is on the wrong side ...;)

Regards
In most states once a car its over 25years its much easier to register and inspect. Any thing under 25 years thats imported has to jump through many more hoops.

Some interior shots:

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great Sud!

It looks strange in the photos seeing it out of its natural environment.

It should last though in the milder climes of the USA.

Great choice of car!

Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congratulations on your buy! That'll make the yanks look once or twice... :D

And you'll no doubt be quite popular at the Alfa club meetings I wager. Looks like a really nice example, which is it, a 95 bhp 1.5?

EDIT: Read the original post again... Nice 1.7! :D

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i was a lurker in the boxer forum you guys always said how much fun these little cars were. This may be the most fun in an alfa i have had yet!!

I was told its a 1.7, but it may indeed be a 95/105 1.5 motor. Either way im having a blast with her!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
81gtv6...i think you may have the 1.5 as you have the same cam covers as my car. the 1.7 cam covers look slightly different (cant find a picture). do you have the engine no?

·
Registered
498 Posts
81gtv6...i think you may have the 1.5 as you have the same cam covers as my car. the 1.7 cam covers look slightly different (cant find a picture). do you have the engine no?
The covers on my 1.7 look identical to the ones on his...

You can't really tell how big an engine is for sure without looking at the number on the engine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very rare car in the USA. Nice Alfasud. But you`ve missed the sideskirts at the car. Are those lost?

·
Registered
127 Posts
It`s a series 3 Alfasud like mine. Watch the black skirts at my Alfasud. That`s original. The rear spoiler is from a series 2 Ti.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So long story short, i cant sleep in the Sud/GTV6/164S/164S so its time to sell at least three of them. If only houses were cheaper i could keep them all!! BBers stilll get 10% off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110163728227

Dont fret fellow Boxersers, this WILL NOT BE THE LAST Sud i own. I have had an absolute blast with this car, and i can't wait to find another one.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Greek, the UK market series 3 Alfasuds all got sideskirts. KAS`s Alfasud is also a series 3 ,albeit a later hatchback. I do know Greece got some model concoctions peculiar to your market and I suspect Greek market early series 3 Alfasud 4 doors, especially the cheaper versions may have lacked the plastic sill trim that most other markets got.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6, `90 164

1 - 18 of 18 Posts