Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
9,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but a easy way to fill your rear end.:rolleyes:.( the car:D)remov the fill plug,, open the trunk, pull out spare tire.. remove the rubber drain plug neerest the rear axle. get a 3 foot long hose of the right size 1/2" works well.. put a funnel on the end, insert the hose thru the spare tire well,, put the end of the hose into the rear end, and just pore away.. shure beats pumping that thick oil..:)

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Elegantly simply. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Nice!

Have any tricks for filling the trans, then?

·
Registered
what part?
9,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
papa...i just fill it thru shift tower...:):)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Nice!

I do mine from the inside, no leather boot on the shift knob, so I just pull off the rubber boots (2 of them), release the pinch bolt, pull the rod off along with the stainless "shingles" and pour it straight in...

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Nice!

This is my favorite thread about easily filling the tranny:

$5 Trans gear oil tool

I did this just the other day and it worked like a charm.

The shift tower is great, unless you've got all the rubber seals and console in place. I'd rather blow it through a drinking straw than take all that stuff out of my car just to fill the tranny.

BTW, Bianchi, I love the diff filling tip. Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah, nice Bianchi! When I first read your post, I was reminded of Farace's trick with the tubing going through the engine compartment to the trans fill hole.

I completely missed Lee's funnel/tubing/fittings set-up! Thanks for the link, Bob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts