Alfa Romeo Forums banner

I.D. of bypass restrictor

640 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Tifosi
What is the I.D. of a bypass restrictor ? Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
You mean the brass thingamajobby that goes into the hose betwixt the thermostat and the water pump?

1/4"~ish for the hole in the middle of the end cap, but once the spring load opens up under pressure, (before t~stat opens), the opening is much larger as the whole end is a sort of relief valve affair that pushes back the end cap for a higher flow rate.

Pix can be found in the spider subsection FAQ, but I don't think actual dimensions are there other than length and width.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.