Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all doesn't it.:mad:

Lets look at the current state of affairs....

Some of our most valuable contributors are drifting away...sick of the bickering. When is the last time you saw _____________ post? You fill in the blank.

This immature bickering is an embarrassment to the Alfa community. Its worthless banter. It drives new people away from the group. Its childish. Its immature. Its ignorant ranting. It keeps the most experienced and mature Alfa owners from posting. It is the main complaint that people offer as to why they don't post much if at all any more.

Some saying this guy is a cheater...that guy is a cheater....this guy is a moron....constant fighting from just a few trouble makers. Starting threads to belittle members, long time alfisti, etc. Take all that crap and roll it right into your email if you have to. Go find a nice private place and claw eachother's eyes out if you must. Just take it off this board. It doesn't belong here. You help no one with this crap. You just make a hell of a mess.

If you have knowledge to contribute....then contribute it when asked. If you don't know, then sit back and learn. Lets turn back the clock and remake this site into the resource it began as.

I go to Alfa gatherings locally and away. I have never witnessed anyone treat another person at one of these gatherings with such disrespect and mean spiritedness. With that in mind....I don't understand the disconnect in some people's brains that leads them to believe it is OK to treat others like crap here. How about you treat people as if you were standing in front of them, face to face, with respect and maturity.

If you cannot treat others with respect within this forum, if you cannot avoid spending your time bad mouthing others, if you cannot act as an adult, THEN LEAVE! If you won't behave and won't leave, then Simon lets have some BANNING! If you can behave...then stay.

Quite frankly....enough already!!!!!!! To those who this applies to....QUIT ACTING LIKE IDIOTS AND MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES! Make it your New Years resolution!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I Am Sick of This Bickering Cr*p!!!!

It is amazing to me that people/adults, or maybe they should better be described as "keyboard monkeys," feel such protection from the Internet as opposed to talking to someone face-to-face. Everything typed into the keyboard is available not just on this bb but at many other sites just by putting any "selected words" into Google or any other search engine that brings up a post that matches. So there is no protection at all, just a vast continuum for everyone to view, now and into the future; not only are these "people" destroying their reputations within the Alfa community but in general on the Internet. It could at some point come back to bite them severely, if they ever decide to change jobs, apply for a government job etc., when a future employer reads whatever and draws a conclusion about attitude and public decorum, whether correct or incorrect, based on what has been archived, so to speak, on the Internet.

What you would not say to someone face-to-face should not be typed into your keyboard, unless you are prepared to accept the consequences and ramifications of the action, not just now, but sometime in the future when you may have totally forgotten about the posting or incident.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
QUIT ACTING LIKE IDIOTS AND MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
Hey.... I resemble that remark:mad::mad:

Wanna fight???

Just kidding.:D I agree completely!!

Paul

Hows the car??

·
Registered
414 Posts
Amen to that! Unfortunately those who indulge in this behavior either don't recognize themselves or believe their behavior is justified so won't change. Other car sites ban people for such behavior, which has its own nasty impact on the community. I'm glad we don't, but frankly, I'm embarrased to refer a newcomer to the site, without a "Don't read anything by________" warning.
The only consolation is that this sort of thing burns itself out after a while for lack of attention. The best response is not to jump in, and let it die. Or start an "ignore" list on your CP.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Amen, thanks John!! I truly hope the offenders WILL make this their new years resolution. We've had people like that come and go over the years, but it seems bad now. In the mean time the best thing to do is ignore the posts, the less response the less satisfaction it will provide to these posters, and they may leave

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
Thanks John, I agree completely.
As one who would not have been able to enjoy or care for my Alfa nearly as much without this forum, and the depth of knowledge gleaned from the experienced folks who frequented it, I too am concerned by the direction some of these people have turned.

To you who have abused this forum to vent your frustrations or to attack others, leave. Leave the rest of us to enjoy our cars and each others company.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Certainly one of the reasons why I'm glad I sold my Alfa business...

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I agree completely with you John!! Between the intolerance of such threads as "Illegal Aliens" to the Andy Garcia vs JJ nonsense, this BB is beginning to look like many of the other screwed-up BBs. Let's get our BB back into a polite, helpful, fun place to be!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Many good point some of which I will echo.

I like lots of different cars. Just about every board I've ever been on whether it's Mopar, Ford, Alfa, you name it, has the same issues with folks saying things to others they would NEVER ever dream of saying in person.

Every board has a couple of keyboard monkeys, loose talkers and just plain trolls who live to stir things up with little sense of decorum.

All I'm saying is, "you're not alone".

I haven't been on here for a while, but everything I've ever seen is that it's a good place. But people who tire of the bickering on message boards sometimes don't speak up. They just go away.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Here's a solution: We all know who most of the trouble makers are, just add them to your "IGNORE" list, that's what I've done; or just ignore them and don't read their posts anymore

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Lets look at the current state of affairs....

Some of our most valuable contributors are drifting away...sick of the bickering. When is the last time you saw _____________ post? You fill in the blank.
I share John's concerns: we are loosing participation. If the status quo is maintained, regardless of how many chose to use the ignore function or simply "take the high road", the trend will continue and we, as an on-line forum, will loose...

Best regards,

·
Richard Jemison
7,081 Posts
Beyond tasteless

see attached... it says it all...
Martin:

What you posted seriously reflects that you have less social awareness and caring than anyone i care to have contact with.
And I`m not a sensitive as*hole!:eek:
Welcome to my ignore list. :p

1 - 20 of 49 Posts