Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this fantasy about trading my nice Milano for a nice GTV6.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yes. You're crazy.

You're even crazier for not having BOTH.

(I sold my GTV6 a while ago, 'cause it didn't fit me ... I'm too small for it)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have both; two milanos 87, and 89, and an 84 GTV6. I could not imagine not having both. My wife on the other hand can imagine them both sold.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my way to work today I was thinking about how much I love my Milano. I can't get rid of it. I would never find another car in such good shape for such a great price.

I agree, I should have both...but unfortunately living in an apartment w/ no parking hinders my Alfa Stable fantasies. I already have a Berlina.

If only I had a garage and a house I would buy a GTV6 and a GTV 2000, then I would have two Coupes and two sedans. Ooooh...my girlfriend would kill me. Heehee. Good thing she likes to drive the Milano and thinks the Berlina is "cute".

·
Registered
980 Posts
Old thread, but I had a similar talk with my wife just last night. I've almost secured a new steady job...and would love nothing more than to get another Milano...like my Alfetta Sedan...but miss the Milano. I have DREAMS about driving the Milano, and it was unfair for the poor thing that I was a poor college student when I owned it. I couldn't take care of it how I wanted.

I was set on buying a GTV-6, before I got my Verde...till I drove one :D Then I drove a Verde and something clicked.

My dad can't understand why I like the sedans so much, as he's a coupe and Spider guy...I just like them, no reason why. Don't get me wrong, I'd take any of them...lol

Anyhow, glad you decided to keep the Milano. Your Berlina sounds very nice, read about your trip on the digest.

Ted

·
Registered
980 Posts
5095 is less than I paid for mine. Darn it all, wish I had the money right now. I'm sure I'll be able to find one in the next 6 months or so, when I've got the money. :D

Sure looks like a nice car though!

Ted

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I bought my Milano for $750. It was in great shape...just needed paint on the driver's fender, hood and front bumper.

I bought my Verde for $600 and an unused washer and dryer. I then put an exhaust on it, some new tires, a brand new interior (custom stitched red and black tweed), a new clutch pivot stud, a couple of window regulators, some R-12, a bit of touch-up paint and a new thermo-time switch, changed the oil and fluids, fixed a few loose grounds, timed the thing and now she's SWEEEEEET!

I figure I put about $2400 into her, but now she's worth her weight in GOLD quadrifoglios!

Milanos are GREAT cars, aren't they?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yes, love'm....I've decided I'll pay top on my next Alfa, I'm done looking for "fixer" bargains. Don't get me wrong, that's a great way to go, I just don't have the skill or time to put into a car, but I refuse to not have an Alfa. The only reason I sold my Verde was that the paint and interior were going bad, the power steering had gone...and the engine was very tired. Could be that the fellow that bought it (I bet he's on this board) put a little time into it and got himself a great car. I'd think so....

Though, Phil in Santa Cruz, recently found a sweet deal on a Verde for his son. Again, he knows how to work on them. I don't. Ask him...he'd be glad to tell you how I've messed up my Alfa's in the past! HAHAHAHA :p

Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts