Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am pretty sure that the clip snaps on to a metal bracket and creates a solid point for the outer sheath to be fastened to. I have recently unhooked mine while trying to figure out why my fresh air flap seems to be frozen in the closed position.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting. Does yours also have a bolt-secured metal clamp to affix the cable? That's what's holding mine in place. I squirted some WD-40 into the air flap lever arm hole to try to free mine up, and it seemed to work. I used the straw nozzle extension with a fresh, fully pressurized can.

I am pretty sure that the clip snaps on to a metal bracket and creates a solid point for the outer sheath to be fastened to. I have recently unhooked mine while trying to figure out why my fresh air flap seems to be frozen in the closed position.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know about a bolted clamp. Attached is what my (disassembled) linkage looks like. The hooped end of the cable is secured with a circlip after it is slid over the flap arm. The outer portion of the cable is clipped onto the metal bracket that is riveted into the side of the air box.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks Jvito. Since mine is an A/C car, it appears that these had a bolted clamp means to secure the sheath with the clip included anyway as a generic GTV part. For the sake of archive searchers, the black cable sheath can be obtained new from bicycle shops for $2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts