Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!
i am looking for a mechanic to restore my 89 spider. it needs it all, and i want to be sure to have someone work on it who knows Alfa's and can do it right, starting with the engine.

any suggestions? huntsville is about 2 hours from nashville, 2 from birmingham, 4 from atlanta, 2 from chattanooga. i'll have to tow it to whomever, so closer is better of course!

thanks much!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Do you need mechanical restoration, or total restoration (mechanical, Body, paint)? We have had good experiences with a guy im Memphis named Tim Tilley (Sports and Imports), but he is a mechanic, not a bodyshop. I believe there is a place in Atlanta called Autodelta, but I don't have any experiece with them.

BamaAlfa,

Who's the guru in Birmingham?

HOP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Birmingham would be very good! Memphis isn't bad, about 3.5 hrs away, not sure what the cost to tow the car they would be!
I need mostly mechanical I believe. The top is new, but has sagged. Not sure if I have to start over on that or if it is something that can be fixed. New seats and covers, the leather has split. Dash is good I believe. New carpet. It has one ding in the side, and probably needs a paint job, but no major body work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts