Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After stalking the Forum for for four years, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a spectacular 1991 Rosa Red 164S!
After I lost the auction last week for the 164 LS with the timing belt issue John told me about a 164 S with a for sale sign in his neighborhood. Then he gets the owners name and phone number, goes by Saturday morning spends 2 hours checking it out, taking pictures and talking to the owner for me.
Based on John's enthusiastic report I bought it and am taking the train from DC to New Haven Thursday to pick it up and drive it back to Virginia!

John, thanks again and pictures will follow Thursday.
Steve

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
Welcome to the cult of "Older Alfa" owners. Well, maybe an owner or two of the new 4C as well. Lots of good people to converse with and share experiences.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Hey Steve, I'm glad that worked out! I hope you'll be equally satisfied when you pick it up. I'm realizing now with the pictures I sent that I didn't give you any good exterior shots. I was staying so focused on trying to find and report anything that was wrong. I won't quit my day job yet.

Let me know if you need anything while you're in the area.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
so are we "older" Alfa owners or do we own "older" Alfas? Or are they like cats where they kinda own us? Anyway, welcome to the fold. It's fun. Johns a nice guy. I sense tho the real credit here goes to his wife. ciao, jc

·
Premium Member
15,886 Posts
"so are we "older" Alfa owners or do we own "older" Alfas?"

In many cases, both, lol.

happy holidays, Chris.

·
Premium Member
27,012 Posts
Well another Alfisti "Steve" to join our merry little band of older men with older Alfas. Most of us maybe be older than the new Steve though even if our 164s are the same age.

Welcome to the clan!

·
Premium Member
9,777 Posts
After stalking the Forum for for four years, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a spectacular 1991 Rosa Red 164S!
After I lost the auction last week for the 164 LS with the timing belt issue John told me about a 164 S with a for sale sign in his neighborhood. Then he gets the owners name and phone number, goes by Saturday morning spends 2 hours checking it out, taking pictures and talking to the owner for me.
Based on John's enthusiastic report I bought it and am taking the train from DC to New Haven Thursday to pick it up and drive it back to Virginia!

John, thanks again and pictures will follow Thursday.
Steve
Welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts