Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im helping a friend sell off his huge ALFA parts collection of 1300, 1600 engine parts, blocks, heads, rims , giulia super dash, Gauges , hub caps, 101 tail lights , transmissions, bell housings, starters, generators, Cromodora rear ends, front and rear bumpers off 101 Giulia Spider‎ and a ton of other stuff. The owner wants to get $1700 for the lot. He won't part it out.. has thousands invested and now just wants it out of his yard. Sad to see it sitting being given to time and elements . Theres a lot there and Im not sure what it all is. Heres a ling to some photos I took for him today:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4cXefWd_SZvc3pCUW9yeHp4LTg&usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but the owner has changed his mind on this sale. If something changes I will notify this thread. Really sorry about this.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Some really useful things there which could give new life to many of our cars. I've spent countless days sifting through a similar collection, albeit a hundred times bigger.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Wow! Look at all those stacked hubcaps, and those engine blocks! Why does all the good stuff have to be located so far away in sunny California. Can't anyone throw the MidWest a bone or two? We're good people.

·
Premium Member
21,349 Posts
Well, the most stuff probably ends up where the most Alfas were sold, and where they have survived. FL, CA, IL, NY. Craig Morningstar said the Bay Area was #1 in sales per capita, but I bet SoCal was #1 in total sales.

Andrew

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm thinking of the logistics cost for someone like me to transport a collection of this size back home: Cost of flight to LA + rental car + overnight stay + rental truck + 3-day trip back home + fuel + meals + sundries + entertainment + cost of goods + lost days of work = approximately $10K. But the memories are priceless!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts