Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have never been to Orange county but......... the background looks more like the UK than California (or at least I hope it does otherwise I am not comming over anytime soon!!) So I say SCAM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since y'all didn't ask me.....

I am going to put my two sense in anyhow....

It says that the car is registered here, but the plates are Euro. Ok, there may be a reason for that. Such as the foto's were shot the other side of the pond. The car has cents been in asmash up and so recent pics may be a bit dodgy.

Besides that, the syntax of the writing is just a tad odd. Just a little bit of Cal Worthington.

Wuzonce

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
If they are using the same pictures, there is a copyright notice at the end of the page on Alfaholics posting, so now these people are in violation of international copyright laws!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The photographs alone were the first clue...they are copied, which produces this soft out of focus image quality. Information in the description is weak and no Phone number.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi,

My father-in-law saw the car and took some pics for me. The car is parked in a gas station on chapman south off the 55 freeway, I believe it was in a Mobil station, I think is the owner's brother that works there. He said he won't take less than 10K for it. I haven't seen it but it looks clean on the pics.

if I get more info I'll post it. If anybody is interested I might be able to get a phone number.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Do you mean that this is legit?:eek:

Hi,

My father-in-law saw the car and took some pics for me. The car is parked in a gas station on chapman south off the 55 freeway, I believe it was in a Mobil station, I think is the owner's brother that works there. He said he won't take less than 10K for it. I haven't seen it but it looks clean on the pics.

if I get more info I'll post it. If anybody is interested I might be able to get a phone number.

good luck.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sure, just ask me what info you need and I will give it to you,
This Saturday some one from SanFrancisco is comming down to look at
it, if you are in Southern Cal, come and see it, you will fall in love
with it, otherwise just tell me what questions you have so I can
specifically answer them.
Sam

e-mail from seller when i asked for some more info.... maybe legit?

i must say i do like the clean lines of the single headlight gtv... there's a really nice red one on ebay also

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did Sam have a phone number or address where the car is today? I am 15 minutes away and can look at it after 1PM...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pardon me if I jump to conclusions, Might be legit but, sounds phony, looks phony, probably is phony. I won't go 15 minutes on a wild goose chase without an exact address. I emailed him with no response as to what exact gas station on Chapman and phone number......Can you post the pics you received?

·
Registered
100 Posts
hi, it is in a mobil station on the albertson's parking about 2 miles south of 55 south. It was there a couple of days ago. I just got back from my father-in-law's house and looked at the pics again and the car is not the same as the pics on the ad. It has different wheels on it and the interior looks a little lighter. The pics I got are on paper and I don't have a scanner. At this point I don't know if it is the car or not, or if the two ads are related at all....sorry!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE CAR IN PERSON but for what he says the car in the gas station is clean.....if you live in capistrano beach is only a 20 minute drive there(with no traffic) or taking el toro road that turns into chapman avenue....

good luck...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts