Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD

I taking offers on a set of 4 15" 4 X 108 HRE Daytona 505 wheels that came with the car I just bought. There are two 6" and two 6 1/2 ". They are shown mounted on my 1969 Spider. I'm selling them only because I believe in skinny wheels for older Alfas. I was told that these are custom made for this car I would guess in the late 1990s. When I called HRE to ask for any information they denied ever making this model (505) in a 15" wheel. But you can see the "HRE" on the wheel. I suspect that anyone that would remember this production is long gone from the company. They are perfect except for a little damage to the paint on one of them as shown in the pictures. This could be easily repaired. I have an idea what these wheels cost new. These are probably the only set you will ever see for sale anywhere. The wheels have older Yokohama S Drive 205 55 15 mounted but I would suggest not using them due to age.

There is more information on these wheels at

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1972-1986/198677-what-wheels-these.html

The ad below is from a 1995 issue of "ALFA OWNERS" Mag.

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures on the wheels

More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Just a little info here...

It is entirely possible that HRE never made these in 15" in 4x108. These are modular wheels and could have had the barrels replaced from 16" (or larger) to become 15" wheels. Several companies would have produced barrels for these, compatible with the HRE centers. I believe this may be the case as the hardware on the rear looks different from other HRE wheels I have seen. These are not exceedingly rare - they share a bolt pattern with the Ford Mustang among others. Nice looking wheels though! I don't see a price. What is the price without the tires? Thanks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Would have to measure to check but that 20 bolt pattern suggest rim halves would be interchangeable with BBS and Compomotive modular wheels of the same era.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wheels are sold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts