Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't pay enough attention when I disassembled the front console regarding the gearstick boot/jacket, specifically, how to orient the 8 metal "spring clips" (attached) after I used the original boot/jacket as a template to fashion attachment tabs on the new boot/jacket. I'm assuming these tabs are "original"?

So, here are a few questions, first does the new boot/jacket go on the inner side, or the outer side of the boot/bracket metal frame (attached) that forms the base of the boot/jacket?

Next, since the metal "spring clips" are used to attach the boot/jacket to the metal frame, and the metal "spring clips" have a "barbed/flat" side and a "slanted" side, then how to install these clips, i.e., which side faces "outward" of the frame, once I'm certain I've put the boot/jacket on the frame correctly?
Next time, I'll take pictures of the original set up, since my recall "ain't what it used to be". IMG-2168.jpg IMG-2169.jpg

Thanks for any HELP.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just replaced the torn shifter boot on my S3, and the ring and clips look identical to your S4. The boot goes in between the ring and the console tab, kinda sandwiched in. The barbs on my setup were toward the inside, so I replaced them in the same fashion, though I'm not sure it matters. What a difference a new boot makes!

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just replaced the torn shifter boot on my S3, and the ring and clips look identical to your S4. The boot goes in between the ring and the console tab, kinda sandwiched in. The barbs on my setup were toward the inside, so I replaced them in the same fashion, though I'm not sure it matters. What a difference a new boot makes!
Thank you...this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts