Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows from Giulia's doors need to be taken of. As you know, the glass sits, wrapped via a rubber and the base itself. I didn't notice any screw or something like that for tightening purposes there. Suppose it is only stacked with the old rubber? I tried to push the window up with no luck. I don't want to force things there, with the known screw driver and make the glass cracked. Do you have any idea?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
If you are just trying to remove the window from the door, loosen the winding mechanism, slide the roller off of the channel on the bottom of the glass, rotate the glass 90 degrees and slide out the top of the door. No need to remove the metal piece from the glass.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Great forum, indeed. Well, in case I want to pull off the metal, too? Might be easier then, when I have in my hands the window or needs something special?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
I removed the metel from the glass windows on my Duetto once they were out of the doors and yes, much easier! But be carefull! The rubber is very tight between the glass and metal.
Randy

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That metal thing seems to be somehow preformed to hold the glass. I will try to give it very little heat and of course with very carefull! Again thanks.
What a wonderful forum is alfabb. You are with the tools in your hands and you are faced a problem. You wash your hands, go to your keyboard, ask in alfabb, drink a coffee and after a while a great guy from alfabb( or many) trying to help you. You get your answer! For me alfabb is a really interactive book for Alfas. Keep it walking guys!

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
Wait a miniute !!!
Do not heat the metal channel !!!! Too much heat and the glass will crack or shatter!
If I remember, on the Duetto glass I worked around the edges of the rubber with a very thin putty knife and worked spray silicone between the glass and rubber. Then gently worked the metal piece off.
Wouldn't it be easier to leave the metal piece on the glass?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! It was just a thought... Then, while the mechanism was loose enough and drinking a hot coffee, I found an easiest way to get out the glass from the bracket. Well done, thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts