Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the "change oil light" message?
Thanks to all,
Carl

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,632 Posts
I just bought a Foxwell NT530 code reader. I specifically asked and they said for sure it will reset the oil service. Can't say it's cheap but I wanted it for more than that.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,448 Posts
The best option is the MultiECU Scan software, which is not expensive and will work on any PC laptop. You will also need the corresponding cables and, depending on the build date of the vehicle, may also need a SGW (Security Gate Way) bypass to be able to reset the light.

With this software you can reset the message on the main gauge cluster and also the service counter in the infotainment system.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The best option is the MultiECU Scan software, which is not expensive and will work on any PC laptop. You will also need the corresponding cables and, depending on the build date of the vehicle, may also need a SGW (Security Gate Way) bypass to be able to reset the light.

With this software you can reset the message on the main gauge cluster and also the service counter in the infotainment system.
Yup..in fact it free to cheap! $12.00 for elm327 obd WiFi plug and basic software free. MES now works on iOS too. I will also be able to change trans fluid using it saving me $450 buckaroos.

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Could you get a bluetooth dongle and run the software from i phone? What is MES and is it different from elm327?

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Looks like 2018 and up need a SGW. According to this site there is no way to get past the Alfa SGW except with factory hardware.
Important - 2018+ model year coverage: **
Please note - some vehicles from the 2018 model year onwards (sold since mid-2017) have a "security gateway" module (SGW). The SGW module blocks any diagnostic tool from executing commands on the vehicle (e.g. actuations, procedures and even clearing of DTCs). It is currently not possible to access these vehicles with anything other than FIAT group's dealership tools, without modifying the vehicle.
Vehicles known to be affected so far include MY2018 500X/Renegade, 500L MCA, Doblo, Giulia/Stelvio

·
Registered
7,583 Posts

Do you sell this?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are u changing oil? If so recommend putting in 5 qts only then drive a couple days monitoring the oil level. Man, it’s slow slow to respond, like days the has read erratically, normal for 3 days then suddenly overfilled.

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
I got the Foxwell NT530 code reader and they have assured me I can reset the oil interval. Only problem is that it's minus 4 degrees F and that has pretty much put the quahitas on any shop related activities.

·
Registered
954 Posts
To turn off the oil light you do turn on but not start engine, pump accel pedal 3x in 10 seconds, turn off, the restart engine. Took me five tries, the fifth time I pressed on the top part of the accel pedal and it worked.

Reactions: shakingthrough
1 - 19 of 19 Posts