Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!
I bought a pair of Alfaholics quarterlight hinges (with thread in the holes)

unfortunatly , i can’t get the old ones removed? I tried to punch it trough with a hammer but with no effect? Is this the correct technique or how do i remove this upper part?

·
Registered
187 Posts
If I recall, you should be able to lift the window once you open it halfway or totally...
You will see how it works once you fiddle with it, it just slides off.
If you just want to pull the whole setup out of the door, you will need to go in without the doorcard and loosen up the bolts that hold it.....

hope it's clear...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer, chinocapuchino!
Everything is loose, except for the upper hinge - I don’t know how to remove this part from the doorframe? (See picture below)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Those might be rivets that you will have to access and drill out from inside the frame.
You will see how they are by pulling out the seal...

Reactions: kengta

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Maybe you can post a link or a picture of what you bought from Alfaholics.

They do look like rivets so if the Alfaholics kit does not supply rivets then think about replacement before drilling them out.

ken

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I did this task on mine. Check out my thread (from post #1047-1048) ....link below...

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys ;-)

@kengta :Quarterlight Hinge Pivot Set

@1750gtv : informative thread, I see there are no screws with my alfaholic quarterlight hinge set. Guess you need to search those for yourself in a local shop :))

I’ll give it a try this weekend:)
Thanks. its expensive enough and they call it a complete kit in which, in my opinion, the screws should be included if for no other reason than to make the kit more user/client friendly. Before you search you have to figure out the thread unless that is indicated in the instructions. WHAT there are no instructions??????!!!!!!!!

Alas

Ken

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Mine came with the screws.....if they're missing on yours...call Alfaholics ....I'll be surprised if they don't send you the screws right away and if they don't at least ask the the size they need to be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts