Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have made an attempt to remove the inner and outer stainless steel trims on the door sills that hold down the door rubber and carpeting however they seem to be totally stuck after 34 years.

Does anyone have experience with getting this done without getting these trims bent????

Thanks for your help.

Joseph

·
Registered
892 Posts
The outer trim has some screws fixing it to the lower side of the roof. Inner trim has screws as well, but less. Make sure that you remove them all.

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
This trim is actually one piece, not two. In addition to the visible screws, there are a number of screws hidden under the door rubber. The bottom portion of the door rubber must be removed from the sill in order to access these screws.

·
Registered
219 Posts
And get yourself a very small phillips head.

I had to drill out about half of them that either snapped off or were so rusted at the head that the driver couldn't be used.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gentlemen for the reactions. So I understand I first have to pull off the rubber seal and then remove screws that appear underneath.

Rafael, I live in Eelde, next to Groningen. I see you own a Spider series 4 of 1992 next to a 2000 GTV of 1971. I myself also have a Spider series 4 (red with beige interior) of 1990 and a 2000 GTV of 1973 (silver with red leather interior).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts